Friday, November 11, 2005

Wanted: Nanny, Must Have Experiance with a Nail Gun

Well, things are starting to become routine.

Essentially, I work a crap-load, and just as I expected... I don't have a lot of time for a social life.

...meh...

I guess not a whole lot is different in that department. :o)

I get my Jeep next Wednesday!! Woot!!

So, I have this friend, who I'm rather fond of. She's been my good friend for about a year and a half.

Well, she was put in a situation that would have helped her to pay off ALL of her debt completely and pay for a good chunk of school. She just had to take a nanny job out in New York. She's done this type of thing before... just in New Jersey. But, this time its for a 10 year old kid, who is at school the entire day. She would drive a Mercedes Benz, and have all her expenses paid for.

I'm not really in the mood to write about all the AWESOMENESS of this job, but from her own mouth, the job would be CAKE.

Well, she spent a little bit of a "trial" time with the family, and found that the job wasn't as golden as she initially expected. But let's be clear, the pay was the same, etc. She just found out she wouldn't get a car on the weekends, and the little boy had some issues doing his homework. So, what'd she do? She turned down the job.

Yes, *V* is sooo insensitive, for not understanding her side of the story. Blah, blah, blah.

People, you don't understand. This was an opportunity to completely rid herself of a lot of problems that she will not likely find an easier way to be rid of. She wussed out because she said that she would "miss" home, and wanted to find something easier.

Wow. I'm so annoyed. I guess I think differently about stuff. If I'm in a situation that sucks.... but I can see that the benefits of sticking to it will aid me in the end, I just bite the bullet and do it. I might whine a little at first, but eventually I'll remind myself that whining really not going to change anything.
(ie. My current employment situation)


Yes, I know... I'm not perfect. I guarantee that there are things that I wuss out of. But, not something so obviously beneficial to me.

I guess this just helped me to realize that I'm really turned off by unmotivated people, that can't handle a little heat. I don't want to get involved with someone that whimpers out, and runs off with their tail between their legs the second things stop being easy. I want to be with someone that looks at hardship as an opportunity to grow and develop. (ugh... that sounds a little grown up for my taste... lol)

That way when I DO puss out... they'll kick my ass back into gear.

*Sigh*

I'm a damned hypocrite.

------------------

Did you hear about the kid that became mayor out in Massachusetts? Ugh... way to make me feel like I haven't accomplished a damn thing in my life.


Then again, you've got the guy that shot a nail through the roof of his mouth, while roofing a hosue. He didn't realize it until a few weeks later when he went in for x-rays because of a headache.

I think I'm somewhere in the middle of those two.

:o)

*V*

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nice post...I'm not sure really what to say about it, but I definitely understand your not wanting to be with someone who is unmotivated. Sometimes you have to make a big change and take a big step away from your comfort zone, but most likely, it'll be for the best and your friend may have learned a lot from it, but to each his own I suppose. I am facing having to move in less than 2 years for med school, possibly away from everything I've always known...that's going to be seriously the hardest thing I've ever had to do, but for me, I have to do it...and I know I'll be better for it in the end(not just because I'll hopefully have a career) but because I will have learned new things from my surroundings. Great post, made me laugh at the end! :o)

Friday, November 11, 2005 8:08:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Recognizing a less than desirable quality in someone, and deciding that you would raher be involved with someone with the opposite quality does not make you a hypocrite. I totally know what you mean about wanting someone who is a go-getter and someone who will take opportunities to learn/grow in stride. I mean, how much can we possibly learn if everything is easy? Still, I guess it boils down to the fact that it was her choice, and consequently, her loss. Oops.

And HOW THE HELL do you not know that you shot yourself in the mouth with a nail gun? Good GOD.

Friday, November 11, 2005 12:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you need to dump your girlfriend if she irritates you that much by her actions.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 7:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I "had" a friend just like this that turned down the biggest opportunity because they were to scared to do something new and different. I soon discovered after that how unreliable they were - and realized that it was holding me back from really being me when I was with them. Sometimes having a retarded friend makes you discover what you find most important in life and helps you face the things that you can do without.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 1:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home