The Mass of Swarming Zombies
Ok, I need to go somewhere.
Either that, or I need to do something different. I'm about to go batty... if I don't mix up some aspect of my life. Wow. I feel like I've been doing the same thing everyday for like 5 years.
Oh. Wait. I think that I have. ??
Anyways, I really need to go on a road trip, or hell... I'd buy a damned plane ticket. I don't care. I just need to see something different then my bland 'ole surroundings. Any destination suggestions?
I guess the fact that all of my friends have all either moved away, or gotten married, (Which is worse?) doesn't help the situation either.
Is it weird that I don't have this immense desire to get tied down anytime soon? Apparently I'm the only 25 year old guy in the world that thinks that way. (By world I mean the small bubble that surrounds me...)
So, I'm still on my healthy trip. I'm trying to cut out Pepsi too. Yes... yes... I know... but a drastic situation requires drastic measures. My roommates think that I'm crazy. Mainly cause I don't really look over weight. In fact, relatively speaking... I'm probably pretty "slim" looking. BUT, you gotta understand... that just because you "APPEAR" in shape... doesn't mean that you are.
I went to go try out racquet ball with one of my roommates the other day. It was my first time... so essentially, I had zero idea what I was doing. Fortunately for me he's some kind of pro. Ugh... In like 10 mins, I was heaving and hacking... I thought I was going to just implode and explode all at the same time.
Despite the fact that the game was obnoxiously tiring, I found that it was actually a lot of fun. Of course, since it WAS super tiring... I know that it was some pretty good cardio. We played for like and hour and a half. (Imagine how I was doing at the end... if I was about dead after 10 mins.)
Well, it was fun enough that I may buy a cheap racket ($20-$30) and maybe I'll buy some balls. (har, har)
On a side note: On the way to work today... I saw something rather odd. I had started to notice a increase in traffic on the road that I normally take to work. Well, I was at the point where I couldn't really take a detour, so I figured... "This should be interesting" (to see what was causing the hold up) I mean... it IS the middle of the night... so, I figured it had to be something really gnarly to actually cause traffic.
There was about 200 or more college-aged kids, out in front of some house, (and partially in the street) just standing there, staring at the closed door of the house. The weird thing was... I had my windows down, and didn't hear a peep out of any of them. It was completely silent. Even weirder then that was that the house's lights were completely off (inside and outside), and none of the kids had a flashlight or any sort of illumination. I was this huge, silent, dark mass of zombies. I swear. I was really sort of freaky.
...hmmm...
*V*
Either that, or I need to do something different. I'm about to go batty... if I don't mix up some aspect of my life. Wow. I feel like I've been doing the same thing everyday for like 5 years.
Oh. Wait. I think that I have. ??
Anyways, I really need to go on a road trip, or hell... I'd buy a damned plane ticket. I don't care. I just need to see something different then my bland 'ole surroundings. Any destination suggestions?
I guess the fact that all of my friends have all either moved away, or gotten married, (Which is worse?) doesn't help the situation either.
Is it weird that I don't have this immense desire to get tied down anytime soon? Apparently I'm the only 25 year old guy in the world that thinks that way. (By world I mean the small bubble that surrounds me...)
So, I'm still on my healthy trip. I'm trying to cut out Pepsi too. Yes... yes... I know... but a drastic situation requires drastic measures. My roommates think that I'm crazy. Mainly cause I don't really look over weight. In fact, relatively speaking... I'm probably pretty "slim" looking. BUT, you gotta understand... that just because you "APPEAR" in shape... doesn't mean that you are.
I went to go try out racquet ball with one of my roommates the other day. It was my first time... so essentially, I had zero idea what I was doing. Fortunately for me he's some kind of pro. Ugh... In like 10 mins, I was heaving and hacking... I thought I was going to just implode and explode all at the same time.
Despite the fact that the game was obnoxiously tiring, I found that it was actually a lot of fun. Of course, since it WAS super tiring... I know that it was some pretty good cardio. We played for like and hour and a half. (Imagine how I was doing at the end... if I was about dead after 10 mins.)
Well, it was fun enough that I may buy a cheap racket ($20-$30) and maybe I'll buy some balls. (har, har)
On a side note: On the way to work today... I saw something rather odd. I had started to notice a increase in traffic on the road that I normally take to work. Well, I was at the point where I couldn't really take a detour, so I figured... "This should be interesting" (to see what was causing the hold up) I mean... it IS the middle of the night... so, I figured it had to be something really gnarly to actually cause traffic.
There was about 200 or more college-aged kids, out in front of some house, (and partially in the street) just standing there, staring at the closed door of the house. The weird thing was... I had my windows down, and didn't hear a peep out of any of them. It was completely silent. Even weirder then that was that the house's lights were completely off (inside and outside), and none of the kids had a flashlight or any sort of illumination. I was this huge, silent, dark mass of zombies. I swear. I was really sort of freaky.
...hmmm...
*V*

8 Comments:
Umm... my choice for your vacation is Michigan. Unless you wanted to go somewhere FUN and/or BEACHY, whereas you should NOT COME TO MICHIGAN.
And WTF about those people just standing in the yard? Did you ever find out what it was? Silent protest??
Go to Iraq. That should put some excitement back in your life.
zombies.... mmmmmmm ahhhhhh.... that's really strange. hmm...
as far as a vacation desination, I recommend that you stay away from any place tropical - it's typhoon/hurricane season... I dunno - why not Colorado or something. Go skiing? I've never done that and have always wanted to... so I guess my suggestion is kinda biased - but it's based off the fact that you're in (or at least from) California (from what I remember)...
::shrug::
or of course, you could always come to chicago and kick my sorry ass out of this depression I've seemed to find myself in... again...
No, don't go to Iraq.
I bet there are lots of places in your own town that you have not been to. Being a cheapskate and with gas prices so high, I find just changing my regular routine and going to different restaurants and shopping at a few different places can sometimes change my attitude. As for a travel destination, go to North Dakota if you want to appreciate what you have. Maybe the people standing were just seeing how many people they could get to join.
No "V" for weeks ... I'm having comment withdrawal...
~amy
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dude.. I just read a bunch more of your blog.. its funny crap man.. Wish I coulda played raquet ball with you guys before I left. I freakin miss you.. when ever I get sad I just think about that time I witnessed you being electrocuted in our kitchen.. that was the greatest thing in the world.. you standing on a chair in the middle of the room for everyone to see. That really was some spectical. Anyway man.. youre the greatest thats all im sayin!
G
now on to the damn word verification..lol
Post a Comment
<< Home