Add 3/4 Cup *V* and 1/4 Cup Waiter
I enjoy reading Waiter Rant. I have a link to in on the Right side of my blog. He is truly a gifted writer and generally is entertaining to read.
His most recent post is called The God Who Drowns. Although, I don't agree with everything he says in this post, I do find that some of it very insightful and refreshing. He may not share the same beliefs as I do, but he shares the bottom line with me. Amidst the horrible chaos that often fills our world, there is hope. This hope is from the compassion, love and charity that occasionally exists in our society.
It is amazingly beautiful to witness. However, it's a sickening shame that it takes such a catastrophe for it to surface.
Here's a few quotes that I enjoyed from Waiter's post:
"The human heart is moved by weakness not by strength. It is our brokenness, not power, that binds us together. Perhaps our weakness will be our salvation."
"Outside the church the world goes by. Someone blasts rap music from their car. I hear a man and woman argue. A girl laughs. I smile to myself. Lovers still cry out in joyous embrace, babies are born, children play, boys stride onto the world of affairs, and old men still dream dreams. The world, in spite of everything, is unfolding as it should."
"I hear the old woman get out of her pew. I watch her travel down the length of the nave. She looks at me and nods. Her eyes have seen everything I'm going to see. She's wisdom wrapped up in infirmity. Perhaps, just perhaps, in the paradox of God's weakness lies his greatness and the seeds of our own."
The world is really a conglomerate of inflated worthlessness. Only when we can stop the bickering and step back to appreciate the things that matter, do we display the maturity and potential that makes us worth our existence.
I hope that we can all remember those suffering in the Gulf.
*V*

1 Comments:
This post really got to me too. I read it a few times and just shook my head. He's an excellent writer and hits some points which which I could not agree more.
Post a Comment
<< Home