Friday, September 09, 2005

"Sir, Please Step Away from the Eraser!" & "Milk Was a Bad Choice!"

Do you ever feel like you just need to totally wipe the entire slate clean, and start from scratch?

I don't mean when you're drawing a picture or cooking a fancy dessert. I mean in life.

I had this thought the other day. It just sorta popped into my head. I was just sitting there in bed... waiting to fall asleep. (At 2PM... lol) I was sorta thinking about how depressed I was a few weeks ago. Trying to figure out a solution to my little problem.

Initially, I started thinking about just pulling up stakes, and taking off... without a trace. Wow. Think about how liberating that would be. Essentially when I moved here, that's what I did. I showed up at my new apartment one day... didn't know a soul, and dove right in!

It was really rough for the first few months, but eventually I managed to meet some people and well... here I am today, totally popular. (HA!)

The more I thought about taking off and starting over, the more I felt it was like "running away" from the situation. Then I thought...

"What the hell *V*, why do you keep calling this a 'problem?'"

It's not a problem. I'm retarded... (that's the problem... :o) ) I just realized, I just need to stop... take a step back and reassess my life. Oh, yah... and I needed somewhere to vent.

So, naturally my blog is a good place... but I really only am motivated to update on the weekends while I'm at work. So, during the week... I'm going to hit the gym... and channel what I have left of the frustration into some weights.

I heard something the other day that actually motivated me a lot to hit the gym again. Me and some of my friends all met up to go and play a little "Ultimate Frisbee." (It's like football... but with a Frisbee.)

Anyways... I found out that some of the girls were chit chatting while the were watching us "men" out getting sweaty with the Frisbee. Anyways the conversation was relayed to me like this:

K says: "You know, I never really thought about it before, but *V* is really sort of a big guy..."

L says: "Yah... he is. But you should of saw him about a year ago, when he was still working out. He was really big back then."

Yah... so, that motivated me. I guess I've really slacked off. I use to go like 4 or 5 days a week. I would be there for like 2 hours. Then I had to cool it down a bit for finals that semester... and well, after finals were over I leveled off at about 0 times a week.

Ugh.

Ok... so I'm not really "fat." In fact I weigh exactly the same amount I did while I was going to the gym. (200lbs) I just wouldn't say that I have a "toned" stomach or .... um... any portion of my body. :o)

So, I went to the gym last Tuesday. I mixed myself up a protein shake and headed out. They just built a brand new "Gold's Gym" across the street from my house. It's touted as the "Largest Gold's Gym in the world." I don't know... that's what the sign says. :o)

So, I worked out a bit... did some free weights, and a few back machines... and then I decided to get some cardio in. I hopped on the treadmill, and started lumbering along.

It's important to note, that I ran cross-country in High School. I was actually pretty good. However, it's also important to note, that was 7 years ago. lol

At about 10 minutes, I was about to collapse. I was done. I was SOOO sick, I thought I was going to throw up the entire 4 minute ride home. I mean literally, I was planning my "open door, barf, spit a few times, and finish my left turn" strategy. That's how bad I felt. Ugh... cold sweat, gag reflexes and all. Yuck. I hate that.

For those wondering at home, apparently 9 months or so of zero work out and lots of crappy fast food, has a way of deteriorating one's health and endurance.

So, remember class, when working back into a healthy lifestyle: "Pace yourself."

Oh... one more thing, milk in a protein shake... is a bad choice.

(Name that movie!)

*V*

P.S. "Fancy Dessert??" Where do I get this crap? LOL!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

yeah... ease into that stuff. And the protein shake thing - bad idea. Just up your intake of natural proteins initially, and then, when your routine is back into par with how it used to be, consider using the supplement.... Otherwise, it'll only make you gain weight by means of fat - especially if you're not consistent.

But kudos to you. Working out always gets out my frustrations... until I finish the workout, that is... then my brain keeps spinning...

Friday, September 09, 2005 11:48:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I completely agree with you about the pacing yourself. Since I do some of the work that I do, about a year ago, before I went to LA, I was totally obsessed about going to the gym to go running...and I would run AT LEAST 3-5 miles 5 to 6 times a week...then after LA, things started going crazy with my relationships and things and I stopped running so I could get my mind off of my problems by studying instead...and I'm just getting back into it as well. I totally understand how difficult it is to get back into it! I've gotta get back into my running shape because I feel better about myself...now what I really want is my own treadmill!! Any donations?! haha but yeah, take it slow! :o) And good luck!!

Saturday, September 10, 2005 7:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were never big. You are such a lanky pun-dog. I know highschool girls that can lift more than you. Some X-country runner, 10 min on the treadmill and you puke. who taught you how to train? I bet it's not the first time you puked either.

Monday, September 12, 2005 9:08:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dude.. milk in a protien shake.. is NOT a bad idea.. you should go a step furthur and put it in your morning cerial like I do! Now thats a kick a 1000 calorie breakfest of champs!

Sunday, October 09, 2005 5:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home