A 15 Minute Movie Review, for a 178 Minute Movie
Ok... so I've got a "super-duper" story to tell. Well it's not really that "epic" or anything, but it's entertaining in the least.
Problem is, I only have 15 minutes left of work, and I just wouldn't do my little story justice if I tried to scrawl something out really fast.
So, instead I will concoct a little movie review today and try to set aside a little more time tonight, for my story.
Movie: "The Postman," Starring Kevin Costner.
My thoughts: This movie didn't suck, too much. In fact it was relatively decent.
Now, I rented this movie, because when I was younger... (probably 15ish) I read the book "The Postman" by David Brin. Very, very good book... as I remember it.
The movie was, however, rather long. But, it was done in a manner that kept my attention though. Not too shabby, really. The movie had a little balance of everything. Some action, scifi, romance, war, and a good over-all message. If you're a fan of Kevin Costner or any of the previously mentioned types of movies, then it's worth the 4 bucks to rent it.
The movie takes place in the USA after an apocalyptic war, that essentially devastates all civilization as we currently know it. Nations are in ruins and the human race barely survived the aftermath of the nuclear war.
Kevin Costner is Gordan, a loner, wandering aimlessly around the ravaged USA, doing nothing really... except trying to survive. After escaping from a rouge army of assholes, that appear to be building some sort of tyrant driven order, in the local scattering of survivors; he finds an abandoned and ruined mail truck and a mail uniform. He dawns the uniform and mail bag in hopes to use it to trick people into letting him into their barricaded cities for food and shelter.
Well, he develops some elaborate lies about a "Reorganized USA," and begins to restore hope in these scattered people. Initially for his own benefit, but finally because he found that it was sincerely helping them to live and ultimately stand up to that army of bastards.
There you go... that's a quick run through, and I promise that I didn't give too much away.
Bottom line: It was fairly entertaining but granted, not the best movie in existence.
I'll tell the good story tomorrow.
*V*
Problem is, I only have 15 minutes left of work, and I just wouldn't do my little story justice if I tried to scrawl something out really fast.
So, instead I will concoct a little movie review today and try to set aside a little more time tonight, for my story.
Movie: "The Postman," Starring Kevin Costner.
My thoughts: This movie didn't suck, too much. In fact it was relatively decent.
Now, I rented this movie, because when I was younger... (probably 15ish) I read the book "The Postman" by David Brin. Very, very good book... as I remember it.
The movie was, however, rather long. But, it was done in a manner that kept my attention though. Not too shabby, really. The movie had a little balance of everything. Some action, scifi, romance, war, and a good over-all message. If you're a fan of Kevin Costner or any of the previously mentioned types of movies, then it's worth the 4 bucks to rent it.
The movie takes place in the USA after an apocalyptic war, that essentially devastates all civilization as we currently know it. Nations are in ruins and the human race barely survived the aftermath of the nuclear war.
Kevin Costner is Gordan, a loner, wandering aimlessly around the ravaged USA, doing nothing really... except trying to survive. After escaping from a rouge army of assholes, that appear to be building some sort of tyrant driven order, in the local scattering of survivors; he finds an abandoned and ruined mail truck and a mail uniform. He dawns the uniform and mail bag in hopes to use it to trick people into letting him into their barricaded cities for food and shelter.
Well, he develops some elaborate lies about a "Reorganized USA," and begins to restore hope in these scattered people. Initially for his own benefit, but finally because he found that it was sincerely helping them to live and ultimately stand up to that army of bastards.
There you go... that's a quick run through, and I promise that I didn't give too much away.
Bottom line: It was fairly entertaining but granted, not the best movie in existence.
I'll tell the good story tomorrow.
*V*

1 Comments:
My patience level is negative one trillion and you know that saying you have a good something to tell and then NOT immediately telling it could be the DEATH of me. Thanks a lot. :P
On a less deadly note, the movie sounds interesting and I plan on seeing it soon.
Post a Comment
<< Home