Saturday, August 06, 2005

Flamin' Menu and a Violent Death

Ok, so I need to REALLY find out how all of the blogs that I read... continue to have interesting things to post about. I mean, seriously... I read like two or three blogs religiously... and the authors of these blogs post like every two days or so... (although, someone has been slacking lately... and she knows who she is.... ;o)) and the ALWAYS appear to have something earth shattering to talk about.

Ugh....

I suck.

(If this sounds like a plea for compliments, um... it's not?) LOL

I'm just kidding...

I did did do something cool, nay AMAZING today. I slept for about 13 hours.

No wonder nothing cool happens to me... I'm sleeping right through it.

Ok, Ok, Ok... I have a story...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, on my way to work tonight, I felt that little ping of "Hey... don't forget you're hungry..."

Oh Yah! I thought.... I'm hungry. My mind quickly worked through the logic...

"Hmmm.... 12 hour shift, plus no food equals really hungry / miserable."

So, I thought I'd swing by "Sonic." Don't know if everyone has these places, so if you don't, let me tell you a little about it.

"Sonic, America's Drive In" is a fast food joint that you have the option of either doing the standard "Drive Thru" or pulling up into a covered parking space and pushing a button on the menu panel thing, and having them bring your order to your car. Great idea, but the food sucks.

Everytime I've gone there, I have been disappointed. (Which rises the question, "Why are you going there in this story, *V*?) Well, to be honest, I hadn't been there in so long, I thought, "What the hell?" Maybe they've improved.

So, since I didn't have time to do the little "park and eat" thing, I just hit the standard 'ole drive thru.

Well, I was the last person in the the line, and when I pulled up the chick said, "Thank you for choosing Sonic, I'll be right with you."

This was cool, since I needed to check out the menu. What wasn't cool was when the menu caught on fire.

"Um... Ma'am... your menu is on fire."

"Sir, one second... I'll be right with you."

"Uh... ok, but um... your shit is on fire out here..." I counter.

At this point, I'm not sure if the microphone just toasted, or what... cause I didn't hear another thing from it.

[Now, let's pause the story. My disclaimer up top says, "
exaggerated experiences," so, you're probably wondering... what really happened. Well, I'll tell ya. The menu didn't fire up into a monstrous blaze, but the microphone speaker thing, housed in the big 'ole plastic menu sparked a lot, then smoked and then melted the plastic housing...]

At this point, I thought... "I think I'll get the double cheeseburger."

But, wait I couldn't ORDER anything... cause the microphone just melted before my eyes.

Well, I drove up to the window, and ordered.

"Oh, by the way... your menu just melted." I say, as a matter of factly.

"Ok, thank you sir." She responds in the same tone.

I'm thinking... wow... wouldn't you find that a little weird? She said it like it happened everyday.

"So, did you hear what I said?" I ask.

"Oh, I guess not... what was it?" she responds. Well, I found that a little annoying. What if I had asked for 'no pickles please, because if I consume them, I'll swell up, vomit blood for 6 hours and die.'

"I SAID, your fancy menu/microphone thing just burst into flames and melted... you might wanna get it looked at." I practically yelled.

"What!!? Are you kidding?" She looked shocked.

"No, I'm not kidding you, I was trying to tell you when you kept telling me you'd be right with me."

"Oh, I'm sorry, I guess I didn't hear you. I'll let my manager know about the menu."

"Ok, thanks..." I respond, as she hands me my greasy bag 'o' sustenance, my debit card, and my receipt.

I was so glad to get out of that dump... I seriously wasn't even hungry anymore. Stupid people, I swear...

Oh, wait... I didn't get to leave yet... she gave me "Bill I'mRetarded's" debit card back. So, I had to run in and get my card,

"Um... Miss, you gave me the wrong card."

"What?"

"This isn't my debit card, you gave me 'Bill's' card." I say.

"Oh, I'm sorry... do you know him?" She asks me.

What on earth is she talking about?

"No, I don't know him. You gave me his card by mistake. I was just hoping to return this one to you, and get mine instead, so I hopefully could get to work on time."

"Oh... Ok, here yah go." She hands me my card.

As I walk out to my truck... I mumble,

"Wow."

*V*

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You get major props from the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center, where myself and all of my co-workers enjoyed this story an obscene amount. At 3:30am, we NEED things like this to keep going! :D <3

Saturday, August 06, 2005 2:01:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey you! Actually I've been outta town a little and I have been trying to finish our basement, but I have a post in the works that I promise to get up today!! I know, it's been forever! haha...don't worry though, it'll be a decent post...probably pretty long :-P But anyway, I will have it posted by this afternoon! :-D

Sunday, August 07, 2005 7:40:00 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

people are really f'ing stupid. Wow. What a great story though... wish I had stories like that... thought I'm glad I wasn't the one to be "blessed" with an encounter with such a smart person...

Thanks for the continued readership - much appreciated. FYI - been leaving responses to your comments on my blog... not sure if you knew that or not. Take care! Hope to hear from you soon :)

Sunday, August 07, 2005 11:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home