Saturday, August 27, 2005

Life is Like Oatmeal

So, where do I begin?

School started the other day. Quite eventful, lemme telly yah.

I walked into class, with my cohort-in-crime, "Lee," only to find that we were the only two people enrolled in the class. LOL, now that's funny, considering the class has been assigned an massive computer lab. I mean... the couldn't have found a larger computer lab on campus. It's really sorta awkward to be so few in such a capacious place.

Needless to say, I'm only slightly concerned that they're going to drop the class. I can't imagine that our teacher was 'planning' on such a small class... lol, nor is the school making any money off of the two enrollment fees.

So, since I don't have any other classes, and I find myself wasting away everyday with nothing to do, I'm going to see if I can register for a 2nd block automotive class. Mainly just cause I'm interested in cars, and I am sick of dumping a shit-load of money down at a mechanic's shop to get something replaced/repaired... when I'm just BARELY within reach of being able to figure out how to fix it myself. We'll see.




Anyway... I'm starting to get this anxious feeling. I feel like time is running out. I'm not really sure for what. But I'm getting really frustrated. I sort of feel like I'm just sitting here, spinning my tires. Even worse, I feel like once I get traction and start moving, I'm not sure where I'm going, and I definitely don't like any of the possible destinations.

I dislike my job, my residence and all of the options that have been appearing before me. Everything looks like oatmeal and I was sorta hoping for something a little more exciting.

I guess I kind of feel like I'm going to die and never be remembered. Just an insignificant speck of humanity, in a sea of other insignificant lives. Sorta depressing huh? Granted, we all make impressions on those close to us, and I'm fine with that.

I'm not sure exactly my point. Especially since I'm not really making one. I guess I'm sorta frustrated with everything, and just can't quite narrow it down well enough to write about it. I'm not happy with work, school, where I live, or my social life. Like I said before, I'm not super thrilled with any of the options on the horizon, either. That's a little scary. I guess, I don't want to settle for mediocre in fear that I'll be miserable for the rest of my life. Always wondering how things "could" have been.

I just sort of feel that at 25, I should have a little more then nothing figured out, and be well on my way in a direction that I'm super excited about. I should be totally in love with some amazing woman, and working in a career that I think the world of.

Ok, so... What the hell? None of that appears to be the case right now.

...I guess it could be worse?

*V*


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"capacious"?, capacious life maybe - your choice dude.

Saturday, August 27, 2005 1:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, that is sooo funny about you and your pal being the only ones in a gianormous lab.

Secondly, I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling a little lost in life. While I don't know what to tell you to do exactly, I can assure you that EVERYONE feels that way at some point. Stop freaking out because you think you should have done this, or accomplished that, or that you'll never be able to do this- everything will fall into place as it is meant to be, and that's both wonderful and hella frustrating. Just think about the things that make you happiest in your life and see if you can't find a way to magnify those aspects and get further away from the things that bore you or make you crazy. Someday you might be rich and famous and everyone in the world will know you- but even if that doesn't happen, NO ONE you've ever met could forget you, so stop worrying about that too! :)

Sunday, August 28, 2005 12:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Moisty" has a good point - but you should remember that the only way to really be happy and successful is if YOU make the effort and DO SOMETHING about it. You have to go get what you want - you can't count on life just happening the way you want it to or soon you'll find that you're 40 years old and in a similar position that you're in now. That would be even sadder.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 2:00:00 PM  
Blogger viperbux said...

Thanks a lot for all the comments - I think maybe I was just sorta in the dumps when I wrote this post. I feel much more better, (and motivated) then when I wrote it.

On another note: To the two Anonymous people... have you two commented before? Just curious. :o)

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 2:09:00 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Hey there.... Everything you said hit just a little too closely to home. I know I'm feeling exactly the same way. But I suppose everyone ends up feeling that way at some point - unless you're the seemingly perfect model member of society with 2.5 children, a dog and a little white picket fence around your pretty perfect little home in suburbia... Okay.. I'll cut myself off before I go off the deep end. Anyway, hang in there. Knowledge is power so keep learning new things (that's what I've decided anyway). And keep in mind that you're not bogged down with a relationship. You have nobody to answer to, so do something for yourself - something that you never had the guts to do, but have always yearned for. Pick up and leave; go somewhere far away to persue a dream, if that's what you want. Maybe I should take my own advice...

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 8:20:00 AM  
Blogger Flimsy Sanity said...

To stop the spam, go to your comments section in your blog settings and change the setting to say you require verification. It is a little extra work for your many fans but it stops some of the crap. Sorry your life isn't exciting right now, stick up a bank - that will add some excitement.

Thursday, September 01, 2005 9:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home