Dirty Scurty - The Death of Bachelorhood
Well, I was reading one of the blogs that I like to check out on occasion, and I was inspired to say a few words about a recent event going on around here.
My roommate Scurty is getting married. This is GREAT... I'm very excited for him. He found the girl that he loves and wants to spend the rest of his life with.
Good for Scurty, Bad for me.
I guess I don't mean that literally, cause I mean, I can't say that him getting married is exactly causing something "bad" to happen to me... but it DOES suck. Just cause, (as girly as it sounds) I'll miss the bastard.
I've known Scurty for at least 5 years. Probably more. For that entire 5 years, I've lived probably within 5 feet of him. So, naturally he's very much become a stable foundation in an otherwise chaotic life. You know, he became the one thing that was always there... just puttin' along doing his thing.
Essentially, he's the last "CLOSE" single friend that I have. (Now, if you're my friend and this comment offends you... think to yourself... how often do you and I hang out.... now compare that to how often I hang with Scurty)
Eitherway, I've sorta started to develop this.... ahem... uh... lonely feeling? Yah, so this is starting to sound ultra-gay. I don't mean it to be that way... I mean, I'm sure everyone can relate to having a really great pal either move away, or move on.
It just sucks, that's all. Good luck, Dirty-Scurty & GV!
My roommate Scurty is getting married. This is GREAT... I'm very excited for him. He found the girl that he loves and wants to spend the rest of his life with.
Good for Scurty, Bad for me.
I guess I don't mean that literally, cause I mean, I can't say that him getting married is exactly causing something "bad" to happen to me... but it DOES suck. Just cause, (as girly as it sounds) I'll miss the bastard.
I've known Scurty for at least 5 years. Probably more. For that entire 5 years, I've lived probably within 5 feet of him. So, naturally he's very much become a stable foundation in an otherwise chaotic life. You know, he became the one thing that was always there... just puttin' along doing his thing.
Essentially, he's the last "CLOSE" single friend that I have. (Now, if you're my friend and this comment offends you... think to yourself... how often do you and I hang out.... now compare that to how often I hang with Scurty)
Eitherway, I've sorta started to develop this.... ahem... uh... lonely feeling? Yah, so this is starting to sound ultra-gay. I don't mean it to be that way... I mean, I'm sure everyone can relate to having a really great pal either move away, or move on.
It just sucks, that's all. Good luck, Dirty-Scurty & GV!

6 Comments:
God *V*, why don't you just get it over with and SAY you want to have sex with him a few more times before he gets married.
I'm just kidding!! I can totally see why it would be sad to have someone who's been there for so long suddenly move away- you'd be crazy not to feel a little disappointed about that. Hopefully though, you'll see it's not SO bad, and you will probably still hang out a lot. Marriage isn't like a social life's death sentence, is it? Call if you get too sad about this though- I will totally be your friend.
Very nice post and yeah, it's a lot like what I'm going through in a way...not that my roommate moving or your friend getting married is the end of the friendship, but it does change things in a pretty big way. But hey, it all happens for a reason and these things are great for our friends, as you said as well :o) It's a good thing that we realize this and can be supportive of our friends!
There's hope in the horizon. 50% of marriages end in divorce.
LMAO!!!
awww... poor guy. That's so sad. and sweet. Guys don't have to be afraid to be sensitive - hasn't anyone ever told you that that's how you win women over? ;)
If it wasn't for that Scott of yours... I almost feel like I had a chance at an Internet romance!! :o)
Post a Comment
<< Home