Tuesday, June 17, 2008

25 Stiches, 28 Years, 26 June

Life is a crazy thing.

I always get a little reflective when my birthday approaches. At the end of this month, I'll be 28 years old. I'm actually a l
ittle surprised at how indifferent I am about this birthday.

Last year, when I turned 27, I was so depressed. That's a big deal, people. I'm NEVER depressed. Despite all the bitching and complaining that I do on this blog... in all honesty... I'm rarely depressed.

This year, I'm excited that it's my birthday. I don't really have anything specific planned. No parties, or trips or anything like that. But, I'm sure something will happen.

Maybe I've just gotten to the point where I realize that there's nothing that I can do about getting older. Its inevitable... no one can escape it, so you might as well embrace it.

On top of that, this has been a good year. I'
ve made a lot of new friends, and branched out of my comfort zone on a lot of things. I bought an old beater car, and found myself in a nice comfortable routine.

I think I'm going to head home to California in early July. I haven't been home for awhile.

For those of you that know me... I'm NOT going home for my H.S. Reunion. LOL! It's actually been hilarious. Now that the reunion is coming up... all my old high school friends have been crawling o
utta the wood work. Like, seriously... I haven't heard from any of these people in 10 years, and now suddenly they're all VERY concerned with whether or not I'm going to go. Hell no, I'm not going to go. In addition to the fact that it's a thousand miles away, and it costs $90 a pop... I'm pretty sure I can count the number of people that I'd even wanna see... on like 3 fingers. ;o)


A month or two ago, a partially demo'd fence knocked a "skill-saw" into my Dad. He said he saw it coming towards his torso, but managed to deflect it with his arm. It all happened in a matter of seconds, so I'm pretty sure he didn't have much of a chance to dive outta t
he way. According to my Mom, it was a brand spankin' new blade. This, in retrospect is probably a good thing. A dull blade would have probably been messier.

Anyway, Mom wrapped his arm up in a dish towel and duct tape. (Ouch... Dad has hairy arms) When they got to the h
ospital and the wound was cleaned... she snapped off a picture with her cellphone. Check this monster out.



It's horrible, huh? He ended up getting 25 stitches! I was talking to my brother the other day, and we both decided that our Dad doesn't get hurt very often... but damn... when he does... he gets hurt pretty bad.

Other then that, not a whole lot to report. Work is busy, and barely rewarding. My previous boss left for another job in Texas. Since he left, I've been technically given a new boss. He's not very "IT minded" however, so that leaves me a lot of freedom to do things the way I want to do them.

I'm excited, and anxious to see what adventures this next year will bring.

*V*

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

A freaking skill saw somehow came flying at your dad!? Judas.. that doesnt happen everyday.

Glad hes alright man.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 9:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy hell, I'm glad your dad is alright! Better the arm than the torso, but seriously!

(Your mom is awesome because she takes gruesome pictures of injuries with her cell phone. I feel like we'd get along, lol.)

I'm excited for your birthday as well. Twenty-eight is a sexy age, so you have NOTHING to worry about. I'm also kind of excited about the fact that you appear to be blogging again... yes? I've been missing your words.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 6:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to hear that you have been given more freedom at work. Hopefully you're doing well :)

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 9:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the way you write.. and I'm glad you *reluctantly* gave me your blog address here on the world wide web. Keep updating, this is fun:)

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 5:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home