Vagabond Motivational Speaker
So, a few things have happened that I've been DYING to blog about.
It's been a little hectic lately, so I haven't had a chance to sit down and unload.
First and foremost, my friend finished her marathon! She did really well, and managed a reasonable time...(Under 6 hours) despite running with a stress fracture in her foot. Woot! Good job!
Anyway, we've been having the weirdest weather lately. (I know it's taboo to talk about the weather in your blog, but this applies to my story) It's been REALLY warm out. I think a few days ago it was nearly 90 degrees. So, definitely A/C weather. Then for no reason we started having these crazy rain storms.
So, on Tuesday, I came into work...and it was raining like crazy. Snowing on the mountains, etc. And I just barely sit down, and one of my Co-Workers comes up to me, and says... "*N* fainted at work today." (*N* is a co-worker of mine. She's a single mom in her early to mid 40s)
I was like, "What? She fainted? What happened?"
"Well, she's had the stomach flu for like 4 days," she replied, "but, she keeps coming into work."
"Oh, terrific." I said, "She's probably totally dehydrated."
"Ya... so, anyway... I just drove her home... cause I guess she was so out of it... she drove to work with a flat tire."
"My lord..." I say, "So, lemme guess.... you're about to ask me to change the tire?"
***
The tire was COMPLETELY flat. All the way down to the rim. Driving to work on the rim, I'm sure wasn't the best course of action.
I see that it's sandwiched between two cars, so I can't open the rear hatch to get to the jack, tire iron, etc. So, I open up the car to pull it forward. What I saw was horrifying.
I realize that guys tend to be more concerned with the maintenance of their vehicles... but generally, girls like it at least bearable...at least the interior, right?
This car was a NIGHTMARE. I have never in my life felt like I was getting sick... just by sitting somewhere. There was more trash than you can imagine. Papers, spilled soda, pizza boxes, peanut jars, clothes. The dash was stained, the carpet was a disaster... the seats were removed and shit was just strewn EVERYWHERE.
Everything was sticky, and just had that grimy feeling. I seriously was so uncomfortable.
Well, I rolled the car forward, and popped the back hatch. Ugh... it was still horrible. Well, not surprisingly, there were no tools, no jack, no nothing. I later found out that her sons changed a tire a few weeks ago, and didn't put the stuff back in the car.
I walked over, got the stuff I needed from my car, and I changed her tire. Now remember, it's P O U R I N G outside. So, by the time I was done, I was completely soaked. I had underwear up my ass, and my socks were soaked too.
Well, I managed to trick one of my co-workers to drive the car to her house, and I followed behind in the Jeep. When we got there to her house, one of her sons answered the door.
Well, as I looked at this kid, I suddenly got really irritated. I mean, his mom works her ass off... to the point where she's fainting at work, and he and his brother who are like 12 - 16 years old... can't even clean up the damn car for her? I mean, I'm sure they got chores to do around the house, etc... but geez... all they seemed to care about was their big loppy friend that was coming over to "play" at the same time we showed up.
You don't have a bunch of friends hanging out at your house, while your mom is throwing up.
So, I sorta snapped. I kinda reamed her kids a little. They didn't have a father, and probably didn't for a long time, so I thought I'd try to shape them up for a second. I wasn't horrible or anything, I just said,
"Look man, your mom is REALLY sick... she's workin' really hard to keep you guys a float, the least you could do is try and pull a little weight around here. Her van isn't even sanitary man, why don't you clean it up for her. Throw some of the trash away, clean it up a little. If you're going to change the tires, then put the damned tools away when you're done. If she'd broken down anywhere else, she would have been screwed."
I kinda went off for a few more minutes. I mean, if my Dad had seen my mom's car lookin' that bad, he would have kicked my ass into next week. It was just expected. yard work, house work, wash the cars, etc. It was me and my brothers' responsibilities. Even WITH two parents there.
It just seems to me, that if you have one parent, that you have to pull double the weight. Well, from my perspective, these kids were hardly pulling any weight. All I ever heard her talk about was that they played Star Wars, etc.
I realize that I didn't have any right... and I should just mind my own business. But, my mouth just started moving. In retrospect, I realize that I probably scared the shit outta that kid.
I was completely soaked, covered with grease, hadn't shaved in a week, and I was pissed.
LOL... "Mooooom... some vagabond just yelled at me!!!"
Oh well, she hasn't made it back to work yet... so maybe she'll ream me at work on Monday. I probably deserve it.
Oh well... Anyway... I thought it was funny... and irritating.
BTW, I found out that nasty leak I've been having on the Mustang is a boo-boo that I did, not something more serious. WOOT. I'm going to try to fix it this weekend.
*V*
It's been a little hectic lately, so I haven't had a chance to sit down and unload.
First and foremost, my friend finished her marathon! She did really well, and managed a reasonable time...(Under 6 hours) despite running with a stress fracture in her foot. Woot! Good job!
Anyway, we've been having the weirdest weather lately. (I know it's taboo to talk about the weather in your blog, but this applies to my story) It's been REALLY warm out. I think a few days ago it was nearly 90 degrees. So, definitely A/C weather. Then for no reason we started having these crazy rain storms.
So, on Tuesday, I came into work...and it was raining like crazy. Snowing on the mountains, etc. And I just barely sit down, and one of my Co-Workers comes up to me, and says... "*N* fainted at work today." (*N* is a co-worker of mine. She's a single mom in her early to mid 40s)
I was like, "What? She fainted? What happened?"
"Well, she's had the stomach flu for like 4 days," she replied, "but, she keeps coming into work."
"Oh, terrific." I said, "She's probably totally dehydrated."
"Ya... so, anyway... I just drove her home... cause I guess she was so out of it... she drove to work with a flat tire."
"My lord..." I say, "So, lemme guess.... you're about to ask me to change the tire?"
***
The tire was COMPLETELY flat. All the way down to the rim. Driving to work on the rim, I'm sure wasn't the best course of action.
I see that it's sandwiched between two cars, so I can't open the rear hatch to get to the jack, tire iron, etc. So, I open up the car to pull it forward. What I saw was horrifying.
I realize that guys tend to be more concerned with the maintenance of their vehicles... but generally, girls like it at least bearable...at least the interior, right?
This car was a NIGHTMARE. I have never in my life felt like I was getting sick... just by sitting somewhere. There was more trash than you can imagine. Papers, spilled soda, pizza boxes, peanut jars, clothes. The dash was stained, the carpet was a disaster... the seats were removed and shit was just strewn EVERYWHERE.
Everything was sticky, and just had that grimy feeling. I seriously was so uncomfortable.
Well, I rolled the car forward, and popped the back hatch. Ugh... it was still horrible. Well, not surprisingly, there were no tools, no jack, no nothing. I later found out that her sons changed a tire a few weeks ago, and didn't put the stuff back in the car.
I walked over, got the stuff I needed from my car, and I changed her tire. Now remember, it's P O U R I N G outside. So, by the time I was done, I was completely soaked. I had underwear up my ass, and my socks were soaked too.
Well, I managed to trick one of my co-workers to drive the car to her house, and I followed behind in the Jeep. When we got there to her house, one of her sons answered the door.
Well, as I looked at this kid, I suddenly got really irritated. I mean, his mom works her ass off... to the point where she's fainting at work, and he and his brother who are like 12 - 16 years old... can't even clean up the damn car for her? I mean, I'm sure they got chores to do around the house, etc... but geez... all they seemed to care about was their big loppy friend that was coming over to "play" at the same time we showed up.
You don't have a bunch of friends hanging out at your house, while your mom is throwing up.
So, I sorta snapped. I kinda reamed her kids a little. They didn't have a father, and probably didn't for a long time, so I thought I'd try to shape them up for a second. I wasn't horrible or anything, I just said,
"Look man, your mom is REALLY sick... she's workin' really hard to keep you guys a float, the least you could do is try and pull a little weight around here. Her van isn't even sanitary man, why don't you clean it up for her. Throw some of the trash away, clean it up a little. If you're going to change the tires, then put the damned tools away when you're done. If she'd broken down anywhere else, she would have been screwed."
I kinda went off for a few more minutes. I mean, if my Dad had seen my mom's car lookin' that bad, he would have kicked my ass into next week. It was just expected. yard work, house work, wash the cars, etc. It was me and my brothers' responsibilities. Even WITH two parents there.
It just seems to me, that if you have one parent, that you have to pull double the weight. Well, from my perspective, these kids were hardly pulling any weight. All I ever heard her talk about was that they played Star Wars, etc.
I realize that I didn't have any right... and I should just mind my own business. But, my mouth just started moving. In retrospect, I realize that I probably scared the shit outta that kid.
I was completely soaked, covered with grease, hadn't shaved in a week, and I was pissed.
LOL... "Mooooom... some vagabond just yelled at me!!!"
Oh well, she hasn't made it back to work yet... so maybe she'll ream me at work on Monday. I probably deserve it.
Oh well... Anyway... I thought it was funny... and irritating.
BTW, I found out that nasty leak I've been having on the Mustang is a boo-boo that I did, not something more serious. WOOT. I'm going to try to fix it this weekend.
*V*

5 Comments:
You are obligated to let us know if the woman comes back to work and says ANYTHING about her car having been cleaned by her worthless children. I'm totally waiting for the big payoff here, lol.
I still love that you gave that kid a talking to though. Hooah!
dude. I want to work on your car. let me know if you need some help sometime.
So its now monday. Catch any feedback yet from the gal you work with?
I'm glad you reamed those kids dude. I don't know if I would have the guts to do something like that. Freak.. makes me so glad for the life that I have.
So heres a little side note.. I'm on a XP computer here at work but I'm writing this from Safari. It's kinda cool so far. But it still lacks a few niceties from firefox.
We need to hang out! In fact Im going to call you right now..
Speakers on XG2402 aren't the best out there but they're quite functional for average use. A given speaker was made to make a particular frequency range. By way of example, most auto speakers incorporate a rubber or foam surround for improved durability. If you are curious to know more about KEF Q100 Review - Audiophilez, click here.
If you can, try asking other friends what they purchase from their local store. This way you will be able to get a better idea of how much each speaker should cost you. If you interested to know more about best bookshelf speakers browse this site.
Post a Comment
<< Home