I'm the Goalie, in this Game of Politics
Sometimes I'm so frustrated by business politics. Specifically I'm getting sick of being hired into a position where I'm expected to do my best to ensure the smooth operation of a company's infrastructure, but whenever I start to do my job, I'm immediately reined in, and reminded that I can't make any big decisions.
Ugh. How annoying. Why the hell bother hiring me... if you plan on telling me how to my job in the first place?
Sadly, I'm pretty sure I bitch about this like every other post. It's likely that I'll have to deal with this kind of bullshit for the rest of my life.
Anyway... Its another new year. Woot 2008!
As far as my "New Year's Resolutions" are concerned I think that I'll work on the following:
1. Decrease debt to less than $1000 total.
2. Save $5000.
3. Increase business income to $1000 a month.
4. Go on three trips to somewhere I've never been.
5. Make at LEAST 2 posts on my Blog a month. (Hopefully more)
I don't remember where I heard this but there are a few rules that you should adhere to when you make goals. I'm sure there are more than just this... but when I try to set a REAL goal, this is what I do.
I didn't go and open up a text book to find these guidelines... so seriously, don't flame me about how I'm wrong, and a horrible teacher. I'm just posting what I remember, and what seems to make sense. lol.
What a seriously boring post. I'm sure that's why my avid readers check out my post... so that they can learn how to make goals. haha!
Anyway... It's my blog, and I can do what I want. Plus it's a good place to post my New Year's Resolutions... so that way people can give me shit if I slack off.
Happy New Year, Bitches!
*V*
Ugh. How annoying. Why the hell bother hiring me... if you plan on telling me how to my job in the first place?
Sadly, I'm pretty sure I bitch about this like every other post. It's likely that I'll have to deal with this kind of bullshit for the rest of my life.
Anyway... Its another new year. Woot 2008!
As far as my "New Year's Resolutions" are concerned I think that I'll work on the following:
1. Decrease debt to less than $1000 total.
2. Save $5000.
3. Increase business income to $1000 a month.
4. Go on three trips to somewhere I've never been.
5. Make at LEAST 2 posts on my Blog a month. (Hopefully more)
I don't remember where I heard this but there are a few rules that you should adhere to when you make goals. I'm sure there are more than just this... but when I try to set a REAL goal, this is what I do.
- First, write it down. This is for obvious reasons.... lol. If you don't write it down, you don't remember it.
- Second, make it specific. A lot of people make the mistake of saying, "I'm going to do better in math." Or "I'm going to travel more." Those are crappy goals. Mainly cause there's no way to determine when you've met them. I think this rule is sometimes described as making sure your goals are "measurable." Instead of saying, "I'm going to do better in math." Say, "I'm going to get a A- or better in math." Instead of "I'm going to travel more," be specific, say "I'm going to travel to England in October."
- Third, make it realistic. Obviously, you gotta make is something achievable. Now I'm not saying don't shoot for something hard to reach... cause naturally there's nothing wrong with leaving your comfort zone, and taxing yourself a little bit. But, you've gotta be honest with yourself. You're not likely going to win the lottery or buy a Bugatti Veyron anytime soon. At the very least... if you DO set those as your goals... make sure you follow the next rule.
- Fourth, set an appropriate time frame. Around this time of the year, we generally make "New Year's Resolutions." So, by default that's normally 1 year. But, these guidelines apply to any goals. So, no matter what kind of goal you're making, be sure to set a realistic amount of time for you to complete the goal.
I didn't go and open up a text book to find these guidelines... so seriously, don't flame me about how I'm wrong, and a horrible teacher. I'm just posting what I remember, and what seems to make sense. lol.
What a seriously boring post. I'm sure that's why my avid readers check out my post... so that they can learn how to make goals. haha!
Anyway... It's my blog, and I can do what I want. Plus it's a good place to post my New Year's Resolutions... so that way people can give me shit if I slack off.
Happy New Year, Bitches!
*V*

3 Comments:
You are right, this blog is pretty boring.. But useful information. Haha
I think you forgot about your most important resolution. Stop being a woman and get a motorcycle.
I'll show you! What if my New Years resolution was to buy a Veyron?! :P Anyway, now that it's almost been a year, how are those goals comin'?:)
Post a Comment
<< Home