My Vacation Chronicles!
Well, I was pretty much nearing a meltdown... and desperately scrambled to find a solution to my insanity. Then it hit me....
Vacation!
Yes, I finally went on vacation. It wasn't anything extravagant but, it was nice nonetheless.
I drove home to Ventura, for about 4 days and then went to visit my brother in Palm Desert.
Ventura was freaking BEAUTIFUL. Pretty much like it is everytime I go. I saw my Mom and Dad, and hung out with some friends while I was there. I got a lot of sun. Ironically not much from the beach, but rather from swimming up at my Aunts pool. She lives in a small town about 20 mins inland from Ventura, called Ojai. Anyway, it's typically 10 degrees hotter there then on the coast.
So, some friends and I went up there and went swimming... and weirdly enough... told scary stories. Ya... I don't know why... but it was fun.
When we were done there, we walked up and down Ventura's main street, and window shopped. It was chill.
I hung out with my parents for a bit. It was nice to see them and help a little around the house. My Dad is remodeling my old bathroom. It's was good to see him working on a project again around the house. I guess it brought back memories. (He was always working on something)
My mom is just selling Real Estate like a nut. So, nothing out of the ordinary there. After I'd been in Ventura for a bit, I drove out to visit my Brother in Palm Desert.
Quite a bit different from the weather in Ventura. It was like 120+ degrees the entire time I was there. I thought I was going to die. I had actually gone out there to help him move into a new apt. It's amazing how much more expensive stuff is in CA compared to UT. My apt is 2 bedrooms, and one bath... and a fair amount of square feet. I pay $575 a month. lol! My brother on the other hand, is moving into a similarly sized apt, that's nearly $1000 a month!
Well, I helped him move some of the bigger stuff to his new apt. It was fun seeing him again, cause since he lives so far away, and we both have such busy schedules, we tend to not chat as much as we use to. We also went shooting. That was a lot of fun. Just drove the Jeep through some crazy dunes, until we were pretty far from civilization. It was actually a lot of fun 4x4ing it out in that terrain. Well, we expended every bullet I had, shooting a Homer Simpson magnet.
We swam a bit at his apartment, and watch some TV. Mostly just caught up on stuff. Then I took off for UT.
The drive is pretty long, it's about 10 hours... so that was actually pretty nice. It was sort of therapeutic.
It was really good to get away for awhile. I've been home since last Friday, and I have been a lot more motivated at work, etc. I've been hitting the gym every morning, and adhering to a pretty strict diet... in an attempt to get my fat ass into shape.
Well, there you go. I know this wasn't a "funny" or "weird" post... but, thats what I've been up to.
*V*
Vacation!
Yes, I finally went on vacation. It wasn't anything extravagant but, it was nice nonetheless.
I drove home to Ventura, for about 4 days and then went to visit my brother in Palm Desert.
Ventura was freaking BEAUTIFUL. Pretty much like it is everytime I go. I saw my Mom and Dad, and hung out with some friends while I was there. I got a lot of sun. Ironically not much from the beach, but rather from swimming up at my Aunts pool. She lives in a small town about 20 mins inland from Ventura, called Ojai. Anyway, it's typically 10 degrees hotter there then on the coast.
So, some friends and I went up there and went swimming... and weirdly enough... told scary stories. Ya... I don't know why... but it was fun.
When we were done there, we walked up and down Ventura's main street, and window shopped. It was chill.
I hung out with my parents for a bit. It was nice to see them and help a little around the house. My Dad is remodeling my old bathroom. It's was good to see him working on a project again around the house. I guess it brought back memories. (He was always working on something)
My mom is just selling Real Estate like a nut. So, nothing out of the ordinary there. After I'd been in Ventura for a bit, I drove out to visit my Brother in Palm Desert.
Quite a bit different from the weather in Ventura. It was like 120+ degrees the entire time I was there. I thought I was going to die. I had actually gone out there to help him move into a new apt. It's amazing how much more expensive stuff is in CA compared to UT. My apt is 2 bedrooms, and one bath... and a fair amount of square feet. I pay $575 a month. lol! My brother on the other hand, is moving into a similarly sized apt, that's nearly $1000 a month!
Well, I helped him move some of the bigger stuff to his new apt. It was fun seeing him again, cause since he lives so far away, and we both have such busy schedules, we tend to not chat as much as we use to. We also went shooting. That was a lot of fun. Just drove the Jeep through some crazy dunes, until we were pretty far from civilization. It was actually a lot of fun 4x4ing it out in that terrain. Well, we expended every bullet I had, shooting a Homer Simpson magnet.
We swam a bit at his apartment, and watch some TV. Mostly just caught up on stuff. Then I took off for UT.
The drive is pretty long, it's about 10 hours... so that was actually pretty nice. It was sort of therapeutic.
It was really good to get away for awhile. I've been home since last Friday, and I have been a lot more motivated at work, etc. I've been hitting the gym every morning, and adhering to a pretty strict diet... in an attempt to get my fat ass into shape.
Well, there you go. I know this wasn't a "funny" or "weird" post... but, thats what I've been up to.
*V*

2 Comments:
that's great that you got to go see your folks and all. It sounds like ya'll had a lot of fun together! :)
Hey, thanks for telling ME you were in town. :-) Glad you had a good time!
Post a Comment
<< Home