Monday, June 18, 2007

Year: 2027 Mustang: Still Leaking

I watched an "OK" movie this last weekend. It was called "Children of Men."

It was probably a 5 on a scale to 10. It was something I thought I'd like cause it took place in the future. (2027 to be exact) But, to be honest it didn't have any aspects about it that really grabbed my attention.

I actually found myself driving off to "La-La Land" a few times... which almost never happens when I'm watching a movie. I'm usually zoned in. ;o)

Anyway, the movie takes place in a "futuristic" version of the UK. Although it's not specifically mentioned... It seems that America, Asia, and most other places in the world have fallen off of the grid.

The primary plot is that there have been no human births on earth for 18 years. There are continuing arguments over where the human sterility came from. Everything from pollution, to excessive use of chemicals in our food / drugs, etc. There were even religious groups saying that it was God's punishment for our disobedience and sinful lives.

Anyway... some dude gets recruited by his old girlie, to escort a preggo chick out of London. She's the first person to become pregnant on earth for 18 years. So, it's important to get her out of the country, because the UK is starting to border on a "Nazi Germany" attitude, in that they're booting all non-natives from their borders. The resistance is also worried that if the Government found a pregnant girl, they'd flip out cause she wasn't a Brit. She's a Fuji. (Black)

There was lots of battle scenes... Mostly street fighting. Bombing, etc.

Meh...

The only thing the movie had going for it was that it was an interesting concept and some decent acting. Not exactly 'too' far fetched. With the amount of chemicals and pollution we ingest on a daily basis... who knows.

*Sigh*

I worked on the Mustang from 11AM till 8PM on Saturday. Replaced the Oil Pan gasket in an attempt to stop my mysterious leak once and for all.

I really think I got some minor heat stroke. It was the hottest day of the year. Probably pretty close to 100 degrees. I tried to keep myself hydrated, but I think excessive exposure to the sun really messed with me. I had a horrible rash on my chest by the time I took a shower. Anyway... I'm ok now.

The bastard STILL leaks. I'm so frustrated. I was meticulous in ensuring that didn't over tighten or mis-align the gaskets. Damn it!

It's not nearly as bad, but it's still makin' a mess.

At least I'm REALLY good at removing the oil pan now. ;o)

*V*

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, 'Children of Men' was AWESOME. I was totally sucked in from the beginning, and I thought that it was just an amazing concept. It played off the value of life, the ugliness of people, and the elitist notions certain groups have about themselves. I also enjoyed that it 'could happen' in real life, and I thought the ending was great! I say, 8.75/10.

Monday, June 18, 2007 4:51:00 PM  
Blogger viperbux said...

...bah...

Monday, June 18, 2007 5:56:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yeah.. it had very very cool cinematography.. (how they filmed everything.) also cool effects. Other than that I agree with V. pretty much.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 10:21:00 AM  
Blogger Davy J said...

did you try to glue the leak shut? duh.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 12:28:00 PM  
Blogger Brooke Sikula said...

Duct tape is the way to go.

Thursday, June 21, 2007 7:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home