Thursday, May 03, 2007

Epic & Contemplative Thoughts

I've heard it said that every few millenia something so epic occurs that the earth trembles with such a force, that the effects never cease.

I completely believe this. I also believe in events that are just as rare, and just as powerful put produce much less drama to the surrounding environment.

***

A soul mate is someone that we may never meet. They may live in a different part of the world, speak a different language, and could very likely live during a different time in history from each other.

I believe that it's possible for two people to be so compatible and so well matched, that when presented with the opportunity to have a relationship, one of these epic occurrences can take place.

It amazes me how you can feel so 'complete' about someone else. You can feel so in tuned and so connected to them that its beyond being a feeling.

It's like corny romance novels you read about. "Time stood still as I gazed into her eyes."

That really happens.

When you've met that person, you can feel so intensely towards them, that your thoughts are so focused on this person, that your environment completely fades away, and you can only see them. You can only hear them, and you can only feel them.

Simply put, it's "impossible to describe." Meh... I'll try anyways.

This is more then a feeling of "love." Like I said, it's more then a feeling. It's a state of existence.

It's important not to confuse this with loving someone. I believe we're all capable of loving many people. We can live a totally content life; happy, rewarding and successful life, having never met our soul mate.

Despite your current situation, married, dating, or in love, meeting this person doesn't replace those feelings. It doesn't nullify them, it doesn't change how you feel about others. Rather it enables you to feel as if you've opened your eyes for the first time. It engages a portion of your mind that most people spend their entire existence never knowing existed...

It almost seems like this is a connection that we were never intended to use. It's something so powerful that our inadequate bodies were never expected be able to acknowledge its existence. Yet, despite that, some people are lucky enough to be in the right place, at the right time.

Here you are given the opportunity to meet the one other soul that was forged from the same mold as your own.

This ability isn't limited by anything in the physical world. It's not limited by distance, language, culture or even gender.

This is a connection beyond that.


7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

gender? what the hell does that mean?

Friday, May 04, 2007 9:23:00 AM  
Blogger viperbux said...

Dude...relax...

You can have this type of connection with a guy.

Don't worry... It doesn't mean you're gay... It just means that you can connect with him on a level that is beyond being gay, and all that crap.

:o)

Friday, May 04, 2007 11:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Typically, when asked how I feel about soulmates, I say I don't believe in them. It's usually too exhausting to fully explain what I think they are or how they function in the greater scheme of things...

But you have nailed everything I would ever want to say about it on the head. So eloquently put, and so amazingly explained, you have somehow clarified for many what it really feels like.

AND... I'm waiting for you to write a book, lol.

Friday, May 04, 2007 6:03:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

well if some dude starts telling me I'm his soul mate,.. he's going to spend a few days in a hospital figuring out where things went wrong in his life.

Monday, May 07, 2007 12:00:00 PM  
Blogger viperbux said...

Way to trivialize my point, ass.

;o)

hehe

Wednesday, May 09, 2007 11:52:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yeah im sorry about that.. I just couldnt help myself.. i really thought I was funny.. ill admit I even laughed at my comment.. im so lame.

Saturday, May 19, 2007 11:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I take it you have found this person? What an interesting blog.

Thursday, December 27, 2007 5:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home