My Dream
I had the most vivid dream of my life last night.
I'm not sure I believe that dreams have a purpose, but if one ever did - This'd be the one.
***
So, the beginning of the dream is a bit fuzzy, but some how I was in this abandoned subway tunnel. There were no cars, or people, etc. In fact it appeared to have been abandoned for quite some time. So after a quick comb of the subway I realized that there is no way out. The only path I can take is along the rusty tracks.
As I start to make my way down the tunnel, I begin to come across some structures. At first I thought that it was construction scaffolding. I had to climb up these initial structures, in order to continue. When I got to the top, I realized that there was no way that these structures were the result of construction. In fact it was a massive obstacle course.
By massive, I mean that I could see it fill the subway tunnel wall to wall, floor to ceiling, as far as the dim light would allow me to see. The structure offered a number of different challenges, ranging from climbing, swinging, crawling, dodging, etc. It was definitely some sort of obstacle course.
It was actually very weird. As a worked on progressing through the tunnel, I felt like I got into a sort of trance. I found that I was making my way through this tunnel really fast. I was nearly jogging, and I would solve the problems that the course offered, so quickly that I wouldn't even need to stop. I was in this tunnel vision (no pun intended), problem solving focused conciseness that allowed me to essentially sprint through this crazy collection of obstacles.
Well, I worked my way through this subway tunnel, with an amazing determination to get to the end. I was convinced that there was an end to it, despite the fact that there was no apparent end in sight.
It seemed that at least a day and a night had passed. By this time, I'm ripping along... in fact it seemed like I was going faster then I could actually sprint out in the open.
Then, without warning, I burst out of the tunnel.
I stood there in a daze... confused at my abrupt change of environment. It was really bright, and I was standing at the entrance of this totally abandoned cave. In front of me there was a very busy town square with a large fountain in the middle. There were people all over the place, and they all stopped, dropped what they were doing, and stared at me in awe.
I was greeted by an old man, who shook my hand furiously. He was congratulating me for making it through the tunnel. He said something about having waited for a long time for someone to make it through.
It was at this point that I noticed that, is seemed that these people were totally from a different era then me.
((I'm a little confused at this point... mainly cause I can't place the era. As weird as this may sound, the appeared to be from a Western movie. But, I knew for a fact that they were way more advanced. It was really odd. Almost like they were modern or potentially future based people pretending to be from a Western.))
Anyway... the old man continued to congratulate me, but encouraged me to walk around and relax a bit, but to come back soon. Him and the rest of the townsfolk were going to prepare the tunnel for my return. They were going to "set-it-up" so I could go back through it... in the opposite direction.
Anyway... this seemed to make perfect sense to me, and so I walked down the walk, past shop, after shop. There were TONS of people walking around me. All with a purpose, eyes straight ahead, like they didn't have time to enjoy the day or the shops, cause they had somewhere they had to go.
Suddenly, I ran right into *B*. She is an old friend of mine... that I've known for since I was about 11 years old. She is someone that is very important to me. Circumstances have left us in a position where we hardly have spoken for the past 5 years or so. She had her son with her. ((Weirdly enough, he didn't look anything like he looks in RL))
I was like, "Hey... what's going on here?"
She had a HUGE grin on her face, almost like relief. In retrospect, it seemed like she was relieved that I had made it. Like there was chance that I wouldn't make it. All she said was,
"Hurry, Follow me."
I followed her. She quickly made her way past all of the crowds of people on the sidewalk, and before I knew it, we were entering another subway tunnel. At this point I noticed her son was not with us anymore. This tunnel was fundamentally the same as the one I had spent so much time in before. Instead of an obstacle course, the rusty rails faded into hard packed, yet damp dirt.
The dirt was made into varies hills. Some of them were gradual rises, while other were steep inclines, that nearly reached the top of the tunnel. She was running VERY fast over these hills, I had to struggle to keep up with her. It was like she'd been through this tunnel, hundreds of times. She knew just when to exert herself, and when to conserve energy.
I managed to keep up, but on occasion she would stop and wait for me to make it to the top of a significant rise. Whenever I'd get to the top of a gnarly hill... that she had to wait for me on, she would give me a hug. ((I know... I know... very odd))
She wouldn't say anything either. Actually now that I think about it, neither did I. We just worked our way through the tunnel, in silence. Only stopping to hug. ((OMG, this sounds retarded)) The hugs were very purposeful. Almost like, each hug was saying, "It's REALLY good to see you again. I missed you."
***
That's it. That was my dream. I never got to the end of the tunnel, I never found out WTF was going on. Any takers on an explanation?
*V*
I'm not sure I believe that dreams have a purpose, but if one ever did - This'd be the one.
***
So, the beginning of the dream is a bit fuzzy, but some how I was in this abandoned subway tunnel. There were no cars, or people, etc. In fact it appeared to have been abandoned for quite some time. So after a quick comb of the subway I realized that there is no way out. The only path I can take is along the rusty tracks.
As I start to make my way down the tunnel, I begin to come across some structures. At first I thought that it was construction scaffolding. I had to climb up these initial structures, in order to continue. When I got to the top, I realized that there was no way that these structures were the result of construction. In fact it was a massive obstacle course.
By massive, I mean that I could see it fill the subway tunnel wall to wall, floor to ceiling, as far as the dim light would allow me to see. The structure offered a number of different challenges, ranging from climbing, swinging, crawling, dodging, etc. It was definitely some sort of obstacle course.
It was actually very weird. As a worked on progressing through the tunnel, I felt like I got into a sort of trance. I found that I was making my way through this tunnel really fast. I was nearly jogging, and I would solve the problems that the course offered, so quickly that I wouldn't even need to stop. I was in this tunnel vision (no pun intended), problem solving focused conciseness that allowed me to essentially sprint through this crazy collection of obstacles.
Well, I worked my way through this subway tunnel, with an amazing determination to get to the end. I was convinced that there was an end to it, despite the fact that there was no apparent end in sight.
It seemed that at least a day and a night had passed. By this time, I'm ripping along... in fact it seemed like I was going faster then I could actually sprint out in the open.
Then, without warning, I burst out of the tunnel.
I stood there in a daze... confused at my abrupt change of environment. It was really bright, and I was standing at the entrance of this totally abandoned cave. In front of me there was a very busy town square with a large fountain in the middle. There were people all over the place, and they all stopped, dropped what they were doing, and stared at me in awe.
I was greeted by an old man, who shook my hand furiously. He was congratulating me for making it through the tunnel. He said something about having waited for a long time for someone to make it through.
It was at this point that I noticed that, is seemed that these people were totally from a different era then me.
((I'm a little confused at this point... mainly cause I can't place the era. As weird as this may sound, the appeared to be from a Western movie. But, I knew for a fact that they were way more advanced. It was really odd. Almost like they were modern or potentially future based people pretending to be from a Western.))
Anyway... the old man continued to congratulate me, but encouraged me to walk around and relax a bit, but to come back soon. Him and the rest of the townsfolk were going to prepare the tunnel for my return. They were going to "set-it-up" so I could go back through it... in the opposite direction.
Anyway... this seemed to make perfect sense to me, and so I walked down the walk, past shop, after shop. There were TONS of people walking around me. All with a purpose, eyes straight ahead, like they didn't have time to enjoy the day or the shops, cause they had somewhere they had to go.
Suddenly, I ran right into *B*. She is an old friend of mine... that I've known for since I was about 11 years old. She is someone that is very important to me. Circumstances have left us in a position where we hardly have spoken for the past 5 years or so. She had her son with her. ((Weirdly enough, he didn't look anything like he looks in RL))
I was like, "Hey... what's going on here?"
She had a HUGE grin on her face, almost like relief. In retrospect, it seemed like she was relieved that I had made it. Like there was chance that I wouldn't make it. All she said was,
"Hurry, Follow me."
I followed her. She quickly made her way past all of the crowds of people on the sidewalk, and before I knew it, we were entering another subway tunnel. At this point I noticed her son was not with us anymore. This tunnel was fundamentally the same as the one I had spent so much time in before. Instead of an obstacle course, the rusty rails faded into hard packed, yet damp dirt.
The dirt was made into varies hills. Some of them were gradual rises, while other were steep inclines, that nearly reached the top of the tunnel. She was running VERY fast over these hills, I had to struggle to keep up with her. It was like she'd been through this tunnel, hundreds of times. She knew just when to exert herself, and when to conserve energy.
I managed to keep up, but on occasion she would stop and wait for me to make it to the top of a significant rise. Whenever I'd get to the top of a gnarly hill... that she had to wait for me on, she would give me a hug. ((I know... I know... very odd))
She wouldn't say anything either. Actually now that I think about it, neither did I. We just worked our way through the tunnel, in silence. Only stopping to hug. ((OMG, this sounds retarded)) The hugs were very purposeful. Almost like, each hug was saying, "It's REALLY good to see you again. I missed you."
***
That's it. That was my dream. I never got to the end of the tunnel, I never found out WTF was going on. Any takers on an explanation?
*V*

3 Comments:
Wow. Um. I'm speechless. But only because I am laughing so hard.
What did you smoke last night?
Really, I think you must have been thinking what a good runner I am since I started marathon training and how I could run circles around you. BTW - Running has given me stellar calves.
-*B*
Themes:
Overcoming adversity
Time
Sense of belonging/not belonging
Friendship/support
I'd say you're well on your way, Mr. *V*. This was a very positive reflection of your conscious self as seen through the metaphors of the unconscious.
WIERD dream! Personally I think there are some symbolism in our dreams. And most of the time its not obvious. Maybe you should get a dream book! lol
Post a Comment
<< Home