Wednesday, May 02, 2007

You're BLIND! ....Wait... I'm BLIND TOO!!

I just remembered something that totally blew my mind today.

We've recently hired this company to install a Security / Proximity Lock system on our building.

They came out and gave us an estimate, etc... and we gave them the green light. First off, they told use that it would only take them 4 days to wire two office locations, and install the locks everywhere. At the time, I sorta thought that was a little optimistic, but I figured, "Well, it's likely that they have a better idea then I do... considering they do this everyday."

Anyway, 2 months later... it's still not done.

LOL! Are you kidding?

Two of the doors that they installed stick. One of the doors stick badly enough, that some of the smaller female employees can't open it! In addition, one of the security pads doesn't inform you that they alarm is going to go off if you don't punch in your code. The other panel, beeps to let you know that no one else has disabled the system, and you need to punch in your code. Lastly, all the panels have "Trouble" lights blinking.

Well, our accountant asked me if he could pay them yet. I don't think that I'm very out of line to say, "We can pay them when the job is complete."

Maybe that is unprofessional... but it just seems to make sense to me.

If I order a service.... with an agreement to pay when it's complete... I should pay when the service IS complete.

Well, the company called, and had a shit fit with me cause I didn't authorize payment. It didn't matter WHAT I said to them, they refused to see it from my perspective.

People are so blind sometimes.

Or is it just me?

*V*

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're totally in line. I mean, it just makes sense that if they want their money, they should do the damn work.

Also, the hotel I work at has key card issues with all of the doors... it seems that the cards VERY easily deactivate themselves and nobody can ever get into their rooms. The front desk always plays it off like it's the first time it's ever happened and they're working on straightening out the problem... YEAH RIGHT! I've been here 3 years! lol

Wednesday, May 02, 2007 9:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home