Friday, May 05, 2006

**Chapter 2**... HERE I COME!

So, I GRADUATED last Thursday.

For the LOVE of all that's good and holy... that was a LONG time coming.

Yay for me! I'm now educated.

Interestingly enough, it sorta snuck up on me. I wasn't really thinking about it, and then one day I realized that my last day of school was Thursday. Whoa!

Yah, so while I was getting ready to go to my last class, I got a call from a number that I didn't recognize. Now, usually I just don't answer unfamiliar calls, cause I just don't wanna deal with weirdos. That's what voicemail is for.

Anyway, it was this guy from a company that I applied for a job with about a month and a half ago.

(On a side note... for the past few months I've been applying for a minimum of one job a week, sometimes more... just to see what "fish" I could hook... you never know...)

So, he said,

Caller: "Hi *V*, this is Bob calling to let you know that the position you applied for last month or so was actually filled the day you applied for it."

*V*: "Um... Ok, thanks for calling....??"

Bob: "However, we just recently opened up a position that you may be more interested in."

So, apparently, their VP has been doing all of their LAN Managment stuff. Lately, however, the company has been expanding, and they are starting to require the VP to do HIS stuff, which means that they need a LAN Manager to pick up a lot of the responsibilities that he previously was taking care of.

"Enter *V*"

Woot!

I had an interview the next day, and the offered me the job on Monday.

The responsibilities are MUCH more appealing and the compensation is significantly higher then my current job.

Needless to say, last Thursday was bad-ass. The only thing missing was a swarm of beautiful women begging me to be with them.

*sigh*

My advice to EVERYONE...

Even IF you're content at your job, NEVER stop applying for jobs. I was even applying for jobs I DIDN'T really want, just as long as they were in my industry. I even apply for jobs that I KNOW I'm not qualified for. You never know, they might be desperate. Actually, THIS job was for something I didn't want. I was just trying to meet my weekly goal. Looks like the most appealing job I have ever had may have panned out from it.

Try it... what's the worst they could say, "No?" LOL


*V*

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I can't believe I forgot you were about to graduate! Congratulations, lucky!

And congrats on the job too- that's some DAMN good advice.

Thursday, May 18, 2006 11:16:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i just saw the coolest video.. stop what you are doing and watch this dude shoot a shot gun like nothing iv ever seen

http://media.putfile.com/Xtrema2-Shotgun

Monday, June 12, 2006 6:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home