What a GREAT week!
I swear that I've written a post since the "... Billy said to Suzy..." one, anyone else missing a post from their blog? Weird. Maybe I am suffering from heat stroke. This is very possible considering my little trip last week. Oh, yes... this is gunna be a GOOD one. :o)
So, I just got back from CA. Literally, I "just" got back. Now, those of you that know that I only post when I'm at work are asking, "Wait a minute *V*, why on earth are you posting on your day off... especially after just landing?" Well, the answer to that is simple; I'm at work.
I'm at work, in the middle of the night, covering for a co-worker who seemingly never works. I didn't hardly have time to set my bags down before, I needed to hop in the shower, and rinse California away, and get down here.
If I hadn't, then she would have smoozed my roommate/co-worker, Dirty to work, right after he'd just pulled a 27 hour day before. What the hell, right? More money for me. ;o) I'll just sleep next week.
Anyways... enough whining about being at work.
My trip home was FANTASTIC. I grew up around Santa Barbara, CA. (Oooo, now you can find out who I am, and um... steal my identity.... lol, take it, it's yours. LOL)
Well, right when I landed, my parents picked me up, and brought me home. While en route, told me that the next morning I was gunna borrow my Dad's truck and drive down to Palm Desert to visit my sister, brother-in-law, my niece and my brother. That was great news for me, since I hadn't seen any of them in quite awhile.
So, I woke up, and took off. It's kinda of a long drive, (Like 4 hours) so I left pretty early. Since I didn't really need to get out of the truck until I got there, I was pretty shocked when I opened the door in 115 degree heat. I almost couldn't breathe!
I could NEVER live there. It is so damned hot. Even in the nice air conditioning, you still felt all hot and sweaty just looking outside. Despite the heat, it was GREAT to be there. I got to see my sister, and her husband. But, best of ALL my little niece. She's the cutest baby in the world. That's saying quite a bit, considering babies and I don't typically mesh well. :o)
Did I mention, that she's freakishly intelligent for a 1 and a half year old? I was just in awe the entire time playing with her. Either babies are getting smarter, she's a genius baby, or I was retarded as a child... those are the only explanations for how bright she is.
So, after a day or so, I found that I was starting to die of heat exhaustion... and my sister recommended a new water park that Knott's apparently built out there. "Soak City," was the name of the little oasis. It was nothing short of a genius move to erect that thing. I mean... imagine... a water park, in hell. That's about what it was.
Well, now that I look back at it... I'm not surprised at how obnoxiously expensive the place was. They had a killer monopoly out there.
Tickets - $20 each
Parking - $7 Regular, $11 Deluxe (Closer)
Locker - $8 <==== Ridiculous
No outside food allowed - Inside food double the cost of theater food
Tube required for ALL rides, if you didn't wanna "borrow" someone else's, it was $5 to rent
Ok, so I'm sure there are some 'big spenders' amongst you, but geez... I'm a poor starving college student, merely looking for a place to sooth my charred body for a little bit. It was sorta hard to have fun, knowing that I just blew $60, to go and sit in a big pool with simulated waves... or to wait in line for 30 minutes in the heat I was trying to avoid in the first place, to go down a 15 second slide. LOL!
I admit, I am complaining a bit, the reality is... It WAS nice to go and do something different, and the water was a much needed relief from the sweltering heat. Well, I stayed that night as well as the first, and bolted the next morning. Back to the nice temperature of SBA!
It was really great to be home. I slept a lot, went to the beach...(*sigh* -- SPF 15 was a bad choice, I actually heard the Sun laugh at me, as it burned me to a nice lobster red... lol) walked around some shops and picked up a few things I needed. Another day, I went up to some of my extended families house, and went swimming in their new pool. (It was AWESOME) After that, one of my cousins invited me to go and see, "The Wedding Crashers" (Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn), it was um... meh... it was ok. Not exactly the best movie I've seen. It squeezed a few chuckles outta me.
On Sunday I went to my buddy's wedding. It was really pretty, and well organized. There were TONS of people, two bands, lots of food, open bar. It was outside, in a converted ranch. (Converted to accommodate weddings, etc.) I was sorta bummed a little. This kid use to be my BEST friend back in high school. Did A LOT of stuff with him -- Like hiking/camping, working on beat up cars, traveling, sports, etc. Really cool kid. Well, granted it's been 7 years or so, but I was still surprised to get seated at the, "Not really planning on you coming, and don't know where to put you cause you're not important" table. I was in perfect view of the table I use to sit at, (if you know what I mean)... you know the one were all of his closest friends sit. Ironically, a bunch of kids that we didn't like back in the day, now accompanied him.
I sound like a whiney girl. Oh well, I'm glad he's married to the woman of his dreams. Good luck to them! ;o)
Other then that, I got to eat at all of my favorite restaurant. (Thanks Mom & Dad) and visit a bunch of my favorite relatives. I got some shopping done and since I don't get to come home often, my Mom found it necessary to pay for her "baby." LOL.... yay, free clothes is good. (Mainly since HATE shopping for them, and HATE paying for them even more!)
Overall it was one of the best mini-vacations I've been on in a long time.
*V*
So, I just got back from CA. Literally, I "just" got back. Now, those of you that know that I only post when I'm at work are asking, "Wait a minute *V*, why on earth are you posting on your day off... especially after just landing?" Well, the answer to that is simple; I'm at work.
I'm at work, in the middle of the night, covering for a co-worker who seemingly never works. I didn't hardly have time to set my bags down before, I needed to hop in the shower, and rinse California away, and get down here.
If I hadn't, then she would have smoozed my roommate/co-worker, Dirty to work, right after he'd just pulled a 27 hour day before. What the hell, right? More money for me. ;o) I'll just sleep next week.
Anyways... enough whining about being at work.
My trip home was FANTASTIC. I grew up around Santa Barbara, CA. (Oooo, now you can find out who I am, and um... steal my identity.... lol, take it, it's yours. LOL)
Well, right when I landed, my parents picked me up, and brought me home. While en route, told me that the next morning I was gunna borrow my Dad's truck and drive down to Palm Desert to visit my sister, brother-in-law, my niece and my brother. That was great news for me, since I hadn't seen any of them in quite awhile.
So, I woke up, and took off. It's kinda of a long drive, (Like 4 hours) so I left pretty early. Since I didn't really need to get out of the truck until I got there, I was pretty shocked when I opened the door in 115 degree heat. I almost couldn't breathe!
I could NEVER live there. It is so damned hot. Even in the nice air conditioning, you still felt all hot and sweaty just looking outside. Despite the heat, it was GREAT to be there. I got to see my sister, and her husband. But, best of ALL my little niece. She's the cutest baby in the world. That's saying quite a bit, considering babies and I don't typically mesh well. :o)
Did I mention, that she's freakishly intelligent for a 1 and a half year old? I was just in awe the entire time playing with her. Either babies are getting smarter, she's a genius baby, or I was retarded as a child... those are the only explanations for how bright she is.
So, after a day or so, I found that I was starting to die of heat exhaustion... and my sister recommended a new water park that Knott's apparently built out there. "Soak City," was the name of the little oasis. It was nothing short of a genius move to erect that thing. I mean... imagine... a water park, in hell. That's about what it was.
Well, now that I look back at it... I'm not surprised at how obnoxiously expensive the place was. They had a killer monopoly out there.
Ok, so I'm sure there are some 'big spenders' amongst you, but geez... I'm a poor starving college student, merely looking for a place to sooth my charred body for a little bit. It was sorta hard to have fun, knowing that I just blew $60, to go and sit in a big pool with simulated waves... or to wait in line for 30 minutes in the heat I was trying to avoid in the first place, to go down a 15 second slide. LOL!
I admit, I am complaining a bit, the reality is... It WAS nice to go and do something different, and the water was a much needed relief from the sweltering heat. Well, I stayed that night as well as the first, and bolted the next morning. Back to the nice temperature of SBA!
It was really great to be home. I slept a lot, went to the beach...(*sigh* -- SPF 15 was a bad choice, I actually heard the Sun laugh at me, as it burned me to a nice lobster red... lol) walked around some shops and picked up a few things I needed. Another day, I went up to some of my extended families house, and went swimming in their new pool. (It was AWESOME) After that, one of my cousins invited me to go and see, "The Wedding Crashers" (Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn), it was um... meh... it was ok. Not exactly the best movie I've seen. It squeezed a few chuckles outta me.
On Sunday I went to my buddy's wedding. It was really pretty, and well organized. There were TONS of people, two bands, lots of food, open bar. It was outside, in a converted ranch. (Converted to accommodate weddings, etc.) I was sorta bummed a little. This kid use to be my BEST friend back in high school. Did A LOT of stuff with him -- Like hiking/camping, working on beat up cars, traveling, sports, etc. Really cool kid. Well, granted it's been 7 years or so, but I was still surprised to get seated at the, "Not really planning on you coming, and don't know where to put you cause you're not important" table. I was in perfect view of the table I use to sit at, (if you know what I mean)... you know the one were all of his closest friends sit. Ironically, a bunch of kids that we didn't like back in the day, now accompanied him.
I sound like a whiney girl. Oh well, I'm glad he's married to the woman of his dreams. Good luck to them! ;o)
Other then that, I got to eat at all of my favorite restaurant. (Thanks Mom & Dad) and visit a bunch of my favorite relatives. I got some shopping done and since I don't get to come home often, my Mom found it necessary to pay for her "baby." LOL.... yay, free clothes is good. (Mainly since HATE shopping for them, and HATE paying for them even more!)
Overall it was one of the best mini-vacations I've been on in a long time.
*V*

3 Comments:
Sounds like you had an awesome time...and yeah, the heat kills! I'm glad I'm not out that way but the Georgia heat with humidity SUCKS!!! grrr...moving was not fun in the heat and then rain, soaking alllll my nice wood funiture and then having to unload in the freakin' humidity...just gross! haha Anyway, I'm glad you had a nice vacation...I sure could use one! :-P (By the way, I'm posting from this one still so that if ppl reading my other blog try to look for me, they won't be able to :-P...I'm so clever...haha)
I am SO glad you had an awesome time back in the big hot CA! You deserved a vacation more than anyone I know, and I couldn't be happier that it went well! THANK YOU again for doing me that little favor while you were at the ocean- I am STILL just reeling with delight from it! I know, I'm a cornball- but welcome back!!
Tourist traps irritate me too. The one near here was mostly built by state funds and all the prices are excessive. I won't take visitors there no matter how much they hint - it is the principle of the thing.
Post a Comment
<< Home