Monday, June 13, 2005

Pet the Peeves

I pretty much have three pet peeves. Well, at least three major categories. This isn't to say there only three things bug me, rather these three specific things really irritate me.

First, I can't stand liars. Now, it's important to clarify this. When a person is just teasin' or hassling another person, by saying something that's not true... (to me) that's not lying. I can handle that. What I'm talking about, is someone that looks at you in the face, and blatantly deceives you. They do this for their own benefit or to hurt you.

Secondly, I cannot stand people that "beat around the bush," so to speak. They have something that they want to say and they have to run circles around it, and expect you to guess what they're trying to get at. Personally, I don't understand why people can't spit it out. If you have something that you want to say to me. Just say it. I'm not that bad of a guy... I'm not going to kill you... or laugh at you, or hassle you... (too badly, ;o) )

Lastly, I absolutely loathe loud, obnoxious people that talk about anything and everything like they know everything about it. When a person enters a social scene and immediately starts mouthing off, like he/she knows everything about whatever anyone is talking about, I can't stand it. ESPECIALLY, if it's obvious that they have no clue about the topic. Instead, why couldn't they just shut up, and try listening for once. Maybe they'll learn something, and have something intelligent to say, next time the topic presents itself.

So, there you go... for me those are some gnarly traits for a person to have. What do you think? Anyone got some different peeves that are worse?

*V*

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like when other people beat around the bush either... although I do it sometimes regarding certain issues. The good news is though, I realize that if I don't TELL someone something, I can't get mad at them for not knowing.

The other pet peeves are REALLY good ones. One of mine that you didn't mention is when you're with someone (or a rowdy group) and they are extremely rude to waiters or waitresses, or any kind of service person who's just doing his or her job. It drives me crazy! People should be NICE to one another!

I have 10 trillion more... but there's not enough time, lol.

Monday, June 13, 2005 1:50:00 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

great peeves. much agreed. I've got peeves myself, but I'm too tired to think of them - similar to yours of course...

hope all is well for you. thanks for your continued comments on my blog - means a lot to have honest responses :)

~amy

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 12:41:00 AM  
Blogger viperbux said...

I just thought of another one... I really hate it when people try to act all "hard-ass," because they feel like that will impress me... or better yet, intimidate me.

I'm impressed at the person that can come up to me, present themself as they truely are... then look at me in the face without the slightest regret.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 1:41:00 AM  
Blogger Flimsy Sanity said...

My pet peeve is that I love how people string the words of songs together and sometimes I can't understand what they are saying. I'm sure it is great, but it frustrates me.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 2:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home