Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Just Outta High School and Workin' Like Mad

Ok... so I'm getting a little burned out.

I have worked so much in the past week or so, I'm ready to scream.

Now this isn't an invitation for everyone to start commenting on how much they work and that I "have no place to talk..." Ok, ok... I'm sure that there are tons of people out there that have worked more then me. That's great. The little kids in sweat shops, making your "Nikes" work more then both of us.

I've been working a lot, to compensate for when I go home for a week in July. I know, everyone is a little worried. I'm sure you're all concerned that I may not blog for a week. I mean, what would my readers do if I forgot to update you on the thrilling events that are my life? LOL Well, your concerns are legitimate... I probably won't blog. Look at it this way... I'll have TONS to talk about when I get back from the crazy house.

My parents house is crazy, not because of those that live there, but because of the unreal amount of chaotic drama that flows through it. Sometimes I'm glad that I live 750 miles away. It makes the craziness easier to dodge.

My Dad is doing better, but still doesn't feel SUPER great. My Mom is busy with her job and my younger brother (who is a handful to say the least). I figure that there'll be a whirlwind of running around when I get home. So, I think that I'll spend the week at the beach. *sigh* I can't wait... it'll be SOOO nice.

My buddy from high school is getting married while I'm there. That'll be weird. I haven't seen him in like 6 years or so. He's been dating the same girl for 8 years. WOW, that is just crazy to me. I can't imagine just DATING for 8 years. Geez.

I just realized that I've been graduated from high school for 7 years. I can't believe it. I mean, it's not that I miss it -- I hated high school.
It's just shocking.

My Dad really put it in perspective earlier today. Half of my productive life is over. Ugh.... makes me sick to think about it that way.

*V*

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

bah. The productive part of your life hasn't even started - that's just a myth your dad told you. I mean really, with high school and such, I'm sure you can agree with me that that was all just nonsense.

Gosh... in regards to what you asked me in your comment about my guy situation... yes, I agree - definitely spreading myself too thing; however, I'm trying to get a feel for what's out there and what would be best for me. That dickhead dave guy - no interest in dating him; just a great guy to hang out with - he's only good for a laugh. Top on my list right now is a guy I've never met in person; it's pathetic, I know, but I met him on myspace.com, and we've been talking for almost three months now via phone, im and webcam. It's just that he's far away for now - might be coming to madison for post doctoral school, which is only two hours away from me... He's supposed to come up here in a few weeks to see me, and then I can go down to Georgia to see him on the weekends whenever. My job is literally across a highway from O'hare airport.

In the meantime, the only other guy that I'm really interested in is that Jason guy... very confused about what to do... I mean, I know that I'm more attracted to this internet guy, and he seems to be more of a personality fit, but with Jason, we have more in common in regards to what we're doing with our lives, work-wise...I don't know...

Have fun when you're at home - enjoy the beach and that perfect weather you showed me! And thanks again for your comments!

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 11:02:00 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks for the comment :) Yeah, I agree with your opinion about Lee. Seems like such a great guy. The distance thing is so tough though, and it's hard to tell what he's thinking because he's not here... and we haven't reacted together in person yet. argh.

Glad to know that I'm not the only one to try this internet thing. I still feel like a retard about it though. Maybe it's cuz it's not something that I've heard of to be done much around where I live.

But I'll obviously keep my blog updated with whatever happens. Thanks again for the comments!!!

~amy

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 6:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time flies after H.S. and it's becoming more and more evident everyday. This past summer I was hanging out in my basement with my 16 year-old brother and his friends when one of them excitedly asked me when I graduated from high school. I thought he was going to ask me a question about college or something, so I enthusiastically told him. He looked at me for about 5 seconds after I answered and said, "Yeah, SO MOVE ON." I guess the moral of the story is that time will keep on ticking and all we can do is try to make the best of it (that, and 16 year-olds are little shits).

And of what is this productive life your dad speaks? I'm praying to God that I start producing SOMETHING soon because I'm not all that much younger than you are, and I've got like NOTHING to show for my time, lol. Don't worry- you have a whole lifetime ahead of you, and you haven't even hit the good stuff yet!! :P

Thursday, June 16, 2005 12:49:00 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

thanks much for all the comments you left for me to read... i'm still working on getting through all of them ... i'll try to get reactions to them out a.s.a.p. take care!

~amy

p.s. yes, the pumpkins really are getting back together.

Sunday, June 26, 2005 1:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home