Friday, July 08, 2005

Foamy Categorization After the 4th

Although I'm constantly in awe at the limitless variety of people that I see or interact with, I find myself starting to categorize them. This is really unfortunate because it's not fair to the few people that really do 'break the mold.' I guess I'm just getting frustrated with the unreal amount of foolish people I see everyday.

Wanna know one of the things that I just can't stand. I practically foam at the mouth out of frustration over this; simply put, 'four-way stops.' I mean really, it's not that difficult of a concept. BUT! Without fail, when I get to a four-way stop, if there is more then two people at the stop then I swear their brains seize. They lose all ability think, and stare at each other blankly.

Add that to my pet peeve list. lol

I'm going home this Wednesday. I'm excited to lay on the beach for a week. Nothing better then relaxing with a good book, a lot of sun, and an endless flow of bikini's walking by me. (lol... I'm such a guy)

I reached an all time low in laziness this last week. I really didn't do a damned thing. Essentially, I left the house for the 4th of July. Went over to my friends house and scared the hell out of their little girl with fireworks. I thought she'd like the pretty lights, but instead I found that purchasing the $47 "variety pack" of fireworks is a bad choice. Oh, it had a crap load of fireworks... but not only did they suck in the first place, but they were all the SAME! A few sparkly lights and a SHILOAD of obnoxiously deafening screeches.

Look, I realize fireworks are suppose to be loud, but these were really stupid. The were not the typical, "Happy Day... 4th of July... Yay!" sizzle, whistles and pops.... oh no.... they were more along the lines of "I'm standing on a chalk board in baseball cleats, killing a cat" screeches. No wonder the little girl wasn't fond of them.

Oh well. It was fun, none the less... Happy 4th everyone.... Oh, yah, and Canadian Day too.... ! (lol... :o) )

*V*

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like you have had a fun week...haha, yeah there was some guy letting off those type of crappy fireworks at Mountain Park, right near the cars, no less...doh...but the professional ones we saw were quite nice, which I'm sure the little girl would've liked :) Props for trying though! :-D (I remember we used to set off those kind of fireworks with my neighbors when I was younger...that is until my dad would bring out the good stuff...haha) Have a fun time back home! I wish I had a beach to chill on...haha, and men and bikinis! haha ;) have fun! don't hurt your eyes starin' too much! (I'm totally kidding!) ;)

Saturday, July 09, 2005 8:08:00 AM  
Blogger Flimsy Sanity said...

The four way stop dilemma - My favorite singer John Prine has a song about it - called THE ACCIDENT:
Last night I saw an accident
on the corner of Third and Green
two cars collided and I got excited
just being part of that scene
It was Mrs. Tom Walker and her beautiful daughter
Pamela, was driving the car
they got hit by a man in a lite blue sedan
who had obviously been to a bar.
Chorus:
They don't know how lucky they are
they could have run into that tree
got struck by a bolt of lightning
and raped by a minority.
It was a four way stop dilemma
we all arrived the same time
I yielded to the man to the right of me
and he yielded it right back to mine
well, the yield went around and around and around
till Pamela finally tried
just then the man in the light blue sedan
hit Pamela's passenger side.
Chorus:
Pamela hit her head on the mirror
Mrs Walker got a bump on the knee
the man hit himself in the face and said
Why does this happen to me?
the neighbors came out
and they gathered about
saying Hey! who hit who anyway?
and the police arrived at a quarter to five
and pronounced all the victims Okay.
Chorus:

Sunday, July 10, 2005 10:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home