Thursday, June 23, 2005

Death By 4-Wheeler & A Tattoo

Ok, so this one has the potential to be a doosie. I'll see if I can keep it under control.

Last weekend, I didn't have to work. I arranged to have the time off so I could go to a funeral for my Aunt's mother. She was an 80 year old woman, that apparently crashed on her 4-Wheeler and died. What the Hell?? I think I'll avoid the questions we're all asking ourselves. I didn't really know the lady, but by going I was able to see a lot of family that I don't see very often, cause I live so far away.

I left a bit late on Friday for my little hour and a half road trip, so everyone was a bit irritated cause I was making them late to dinner. Not to mention, I hit the most amazing head wind. I couldn't believe how hard the damned wind was blowing. So, that cranked my driving time up to about 2 hours, and murdered my gas mileage. I seriously got like 10 mpg.

So, I got there late, and everyone had eaten -- so I had a granola bar. ':o|

My grandmother was there, with my Mom, her sister my Aunt, and her two boys. I was excited to see everyone, cause for some it's been over a year since I've seen them.

My grandmother recently remarried after the death of my grandfather. She essentially has been alone for 10 years, while he's been sick with Parkinson's Disease. So, I guess once he died, she was ready to have a companion again. It was hard for her at the funeral cause it was the same cemetery that my Grandfather was buried at. She broke down pretty hard when she was in front of the gravestone. (Which was a really cool one by the way.) I don't know, maybe she felt guilty for having remarried so quickly. ??

I got there and 'chewed the fat' with everyone for awhile, but since they'd just driven 12 hours from CA, they were pretty hammered. I ended up sharing a room with my cousins. I use to hang out with these guys ALL the time growing up. They're like my brothers. Well, both of the were chewing tobacco! Ugh... GROSS...

So, I'm not a smoker... but geez, I would rather smoke then chew tobacco any day! I KNOW you've seen the pictures of a chewers gums... etc.

Then one of my cousins, shows me his new tattoo. My hell... I could not believe it. Not only was the thing HUMONGOUS (reaching from one shoulder to the other, and the bottom was all the way to his belly button) But it wasn't very, um... appealing. ;o)

It was a giant catholic style heart (with Christ's crown of thorns) and then like angel wings coming off of it... It had banners flying off of it, that said, "Gone, but not forgotten" and then a bunch of smaller banners that had peoples names that he apparently had known that died.

Now, I'm not saying that the thought wasn't nice, but it was a little overboard. (In my opinion) I guess my problem is that, IF I was to get a tattoo... I would probably go about it in a more discrete and probably more unique way. I don't know... I'm probably being judgmental, but I don't give a damn... it's my blog. ;o)

The funeral was quick, and nice -- I didn't really know anyone but my Mom and some of my family. So, I quickly got out of there, after the food of course.

*V*

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still think that the whole idea of an 80 year-old woman out on a quad is just about the most hilarious thing EVER.

My dad chews. It's so sick. I told him if he loved me he'd stop. He still chews, lol. HMMMMMM.

Oh, I made you a funny picture and I was going post it in here, but apparently blogger isn't as cool as LJ so I can't. Oh the saddness. I've missed your updates.

Monday, June 27, 2005 9:17:00 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

yeah - I want to die like her. Forget the rotting part. Just let me die doing something fun. She had the right idea!!!

As far as tattoos go... yeah - my ex was an artist. I'll never get a tattoo. Too permanent. And people get the dumbest things on their bodies! From the description that you gave about your cousin's tattoo, sounds pretty tacky.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 12:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You + Tattoo = Pansy.

The End

Friday, December 28, 2007 4:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home