Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Seinfeld & My Sick Fam

I'm back. Sorry about that suspensful wait. I'm sure that my amazing experience keep everyone at a gripping tension... until the get to read the next exciting blog from my life. LOL

Anyways... I didn't post for a long time, cause I had a lot of time off from work. It was nice, not having to be up so late, and actually having a relatively normal sleep pattern. However, I don't really get paid when I don't work. (Imagine that) So, I'm going to be MAJORLY poor for awhile.

A few things have happened that are worth mentioning. My Dad isn't doing so hot. He had 5 gal stones in his gal bladder. Yuck. The doctors said that it is likely that they've been in there, (causing him pain) for at least a year. But, you know "Dads," (Well at least mine) they are invincible. It sorta scary. My Dad is the most healthy person in the world. He's out running everyday, works out with weights, etc. He has always been this solid foundation that everyone counts on. You know, NOTHING can happen to him.... cause he IS invincible.

Well, anyways... they removed his gal bladder, and he's apparently doing better. I note all of this, cause I cannot recollect a single time in my entire life that my Dad has been sick from anything other then a cold/flu here and there. Sorta freaked me out to realize that my parents are mortal.

Speaking of surgery... my brother had his finger worked on. I apparently he beat the hell out of someone a year ago or something... and broke his finger. Well, they're just getting around to fixing it. They had to put a pin in it, and shave off of bunch of "scar-bone?" Yah, I called him the other day, and he was HATING LIFE. Poor kid. He said that it wasn't so bad, until the drugs wore off around 3AM. He woke up, sorta confused... "Why the HELL does my finger hurt...?" LOL... wow, that sucks. (Side Note: He must've really hit that kid hard.... damn....)

I helped K move the other day. She found a great place to live for SUPER cheap. She has an ENTIRE basement apartment for $250 a month. It has 3 bedrooms, a bathroom, living room, two fireplaces, HUGE storage, makeshift kitchen, etc. Plus her utilities are included. I was amazed. It does sorta stink though. I think that it's really weird that other peoples houses smell weird. I'm sure my place smells weird to people that have never been there. Am I psychotic? Does anyone else know what I'm talking about? Ever notice that when you walk into a house that you've never been in, it smells (often) uncomfortably weird? Why is that....?

I pay $325 for my ROOM and utilities. I need to find a better place to live. I'm really sick of living WITH people. Especially guys... they are S L O B S. I'm not really that much of a neat freak... but I mean, where did these people grow up? Call me crazy, but I was taught to pick up after myself. Things don't need to be immaculate, but relatively "picked-up" would be good.

I've been reading a few blogs. If find it relieving to know that I'm not the only person that's getting burned out with dating.

Oh, yah... I watched Sienfeld the other day. I've never really was a been a big fan of it... but I was DYING... it was really funny. I don't watch much TV, but for some reason, they two or three episodes that I watched were out of control funny. I'm not sure why I just tossed this in, but damn it... it's my blog and I'll write whatever gibberish I want.

Talk soon,

*V*

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mentioned a couple things that, oddly enough, I was JUST thinking about.

1. Everyone's house smells weird. I don't care who you are, or what your level of clean/dirty is, your stuff has a specific aroma. People always used to say my parents' house smelled like spaghetti. I have yet to smell it.

2. Seinfeld. It's funny you should mention this gibberish because I was at home the other day and I started- for no reason- watching Seinfeld and laughing my ass off. I've NEVER liked this show before, and I was actually thinking, "Shit, when did THIS get so damn funny?"

Anyway, I hope your dad and your brother feel better. I'm sure that the surgeries they both had will be for the best and all will be well again soon. Captain Scar Bone signing off, matey.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 3:35:00 AM  
Blogger viperbux said...

It DOES sound like a pirate's name, lol

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 5:51:00 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

you had me rolling in laughter! that thing about people's houses smelling - i soooooo know what you're talking about!!!! i've just never had anyone (other than my mom) talk about that before. and gosh - the living with guys thing... yup; i totally understand that one too. what kind of mothers do they have anyway???!

sorry to hear about your dad and brother. hope they're both doing well and recover quickly.

yeah... so the weather in ventura in CA... um... can i just repeat what i said before? YOU SUCK! :) hee hee i mean, i love chicago, but the humidity kills me with my asthma.

well... take care, and i can't wait to hear from you soon!

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 10:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home