"Wanna know what Suzy said about Billy?"
This post maybe slightly different from my typical ramblings. Probably because I am writing it during the day. I'm not quite as delirious as I usually am. ;o)
Anyways... I've recently began reading the blog of one of my loyal readers (hehe), and was sorta irritated by their last post. No, don't freak out -- I'm not about to rip on someone's blog. (Cause we all know, I have no room to talk.) What irritated me was the fact that she actually had to write a disclaimer directed to someone that apparently she personally knew, who went off and spewed a bunch of gossip about something they had read... TO the person my reader had written about. So, now she gets to change her URL.
Come'ON, people.... I mean, what the hell is wrong with the world today?
What, so this person was obviously INVITED to read the blog, because frankly, the likelihood that they just randomly came across their 'friends' blog on the Internet, isn't super likely. They read some of the content, and think to themselves, "Oooo, this is some great personal, sincerely heartfelt thoughts that I can use to screw my 'friend' over with! Yay, lets go spread a bunch of manipulated gossip around, and cause problems."
So, they go out, and tell a bunch of people (who WEREN'T invited to read the blog) all of the 'dirt' that they found.
Ok, ok... so it's likely that I've exaggerated this situation (see Blog Title & Disclaimer) But, frankly... I don't see a whole lot of other explanations for someone doing that. In addition, it's really none of my business... but I don't know, it sorta burned me up a bit.
Before I get the explosion of "Hey, do you forget that your blog is on the Internet?? Do you forget that ANYONE can read it?" comments, let me continue.
For me, a blog is a slice of the Internet, where you can say whatever you want. You can express how you feel and what you think about anything. It's different than a journal, because you're able to hear what other people think about what you've said. Granted there is a chance that someone you know might read it. Yah, there's a risk involved. It is, however, unlikely you'll come across your next door neighbors blog, while casually browsing the web.
So, LASTLY, before I take my 'chill pill...' Even if you, DID, come across a blog that you suspected to be a friends... rather then being a sneaky bastard... maybe it would show a level of respect and consideration, if you told them, "Hey, I think I found your blog the other-day..." before you pulled out your pen and paper to take notes.
I swear, high school lasts a lifetime for some people.
*V*
Anyways... I've recently began reading the blog of one of my loyal readers (hehe), and was sorta irritated by their last post. No, don't freak out -- I'm not about to rip on someone's blog. (Cause we all know, I have no room to talk.) What irritated me was the fact that she actually had to write a disclaimer directed to someone that apparently she personally knew, who went off and spewed a bunch of gossip about something they had read... TO the person my reader had written about. So, now she gets to change her URL.
Come'ON, people.... I mean, what the hell is wrong with the world today?
What, so this person was obviously INVITED to read the blog, because frankly, the likelihood that they just randomly came across their 'friends' blog on the Internet, isn't super likely. They read some of the content, and think to themselves, "Oooo, this is some great personal, sincerely heartfelt thoughts that I can use to screw my 'friend' over with! Yay, lets go spread a bunch of manipulated gossip around, and cause problems."
So, they go out, and tell a bunch of people (who WEREN'T invited to read the blog) all of the 'dirt' that they found.
Ok, ok... so it's likely that I've exaggerated this situation (see Blog Title & Disclaimer) But, frankly... I don't see a whole lot of other explanations for someone doing that. In addition, it's really none of my business... but I don't know, it sorta burned me up a bit.
Before I get the explosion of "Hey, do you forget that your blog is on the Internet?? Do you forget that ANYONE can read it?" comments, let me continue.
For me, a blog is a slice of the Internet, where you can say whatever you want. You can express how you feel and what you think about anything. It's different than a journal, because you're able to hear what other people think about what you've said. Granted there is a chance that someone you know might read it. Yah, there's a risk involved. It is, however, unlikely you'll come across your next door neighbors blog, while casually browsing the web.
So, LASTLY, before I take my 'chill pill...' Even if you, DID, come across a blog that you suspected to be a friends... rather then being a sneaky bastard... maybe it would show a level of respect and consideration, if you told them, "Hey, I think I found your blog the other-day..." before you pulled out your pen and paper to take notes.
I swear, high school lasts a lifetime for some people.
*V*

15 Comments:
(Oops about the deleted comment!)Thanks for this post and your concern. Yeah, people do suck, and no, some people can't leave the drama from high school behind. It's like they have nothing better to do with their sorry lives than to go around getting in others' business. But we, the mature ones, move on, grow up, and leave all that stupidity behind because after all, it's just a waster of time...sometimes it does just get under your skin though, ya know? haha, that was why I wrote that post...got a little too far under my skin and I have feelings too...so that person who read it...who actually, WASN'T invited...is totally busted ;O) haha, I have the last laugh now...haha...thanks again! :-D ~V
I had someone I didn't want reading my blog and adding me to various "friend" and "buddy" lists online (we had a bit of history). I decided that I would post his full name/info in my live journal with a brief explanation of how he had been web-stalking me. I let my friends eat him up for awhile through comments, then I deleted the post and never heard from him again. I don't know if this has anything to do with anything, but it did remind me to take future precautions while writing because anyone could be reading.
"Hey jerk-off, do you forget that your blog is on the internet?? Do you forget ANYONE can read it??"
Do you forget anyone can comment??
That's the fun!! Har-har
(You ever notice how many things bug you? Take a pill.)
(oops again, I swear that's the last time I'll delet a comment on accident!)Right, anonymous, the blog is on the internet and YES, anyone CAN read it, but it's pretty unlikely that someone you know could find YOUR specific blog on the internet unless they've done some heavy searching or another person you told about your blog told someone else that you didn't want to know...and I don't know why you would criticize someone for their views then call someone else a 'jerk-off' for stating their OPINION and VIEW on something which is the POINT of a blog...interesting...and you're right it is the fun that anyone can read it and make comments but it's people who leave rude comments...ahem...that ruin things.
Oh, no the Web Police are going to get me!!
Maybe I was told about this blog or maybe I just found it by following link-to-link-to-link.
Either way, isn't this more fun?
To Anonymous: Wow... LOL...
okay...i get it all now. being val's best friend and knowing the situation, it's rude and disrepectful; and quite frankly dumb. leave other people's happy lives alone and stay in your own messed up, dramatical world. i can't believe you did that...really.
Wow... this has become quite the dramatic post. LOL.
I should write about more contrevorsial things more often... I doubt I've ever gotten this many comments off of one post!
Christian: Not sure who you are, or who/what exactly you're irritated with... but, uh... thanks for the comment? LOL
Christin's my best friend ;o) so she knows the situation and everything...I think she's just irritated with the fact of just all that's going on, since she more than likely knows who I'm talking about ;) Yeah, quite the drama here...hahaha...I think that's all I'm gonna say about all this now! lol
Oh! That makes a little more sense... wasn't sure if she was mad at me, or what.
;o)
wow. people are intense about this issue. a blog's a blog. take it for what it is.
you're pretty much right about the whole dave thing. especially after my morning with him. so confused!!!!
not sure if lee reads. it's not for him anyway. it's for me to vent. if people want to read, by all means, go ahead ;)
Hey *V* just wanted to let you know if you're interested in my new blog, I'll let you know.
Hey Viperbutt, shouldn't that be spelled with a "W"?
or maybe a "D"?
Har-har
signed, George W.Bush
OMG, V!!! You got a comment in your blog from the PRESIDENT!
ok i was just funnin ya.
site too serious fo me.
movin on.
bi-bi
Post a Comment
<< Home