My Char-Broiled Thumb
Wow, it's amazing how much time school took up of my life. I mean, I really never noticed until I took a semester off. I'm dying... I find myself waking up everyday with NOTHING to do. Although nice to have a break, I find myself itchy to do something.
I will mention, however, since I've had more time to do what "I" want, a few things have started to take place that I like. First -- I have a lot more time for my friends. It's really nice. A lot of my old roommates went off and got married. Most of the time it was friends marrying friends. So, it's sorta nice cause we're still all very close. The problem is that we don't hang out as much as before, naturally cause they have their own lives, etc.
This has always been a hard thing for me to deal with. I really liked the little "clan" that we'd developed, and I didn't like the thought of us not being CLOSE friends anymore.
Well, time has passed, and there are kids now, etc. Amazingly enough, however, we're all still very close. We still go out on trips, camping, or just xbox parties. It's a lot of fun. What I was getting at with all of this though, is that now that I have more free time, I'm able to hang out with all of these friends more.
My Dad is mad at me. Ugh... I hate that. He wants me to email him all the time with updates on my life, etc. The problem is, (as anyone reading this blog can tell) that my life is really not super thrilling. So, since there's really nothing to tell him about, I don't. Well this has pissed him off and he thinks that hate him or something. Just RECEIVING an email like that irritates me. I'm not mad at all... I just don't have anything to say. I'll send an email when something cool happens. Or I have some kind of question or thought that I think he could explain or help me with. But I don't think its necessary to write him an email and let him know how many pieces of toilet paper I used today.
I burned the shit out of my thumb yesterday. I put a light bulb in a touch lamp, to see if it would work, and when I found that it wouldn't (apparently I need a bulb that has three settings) I immediately began to take the bulb out. It hadn't been on for 10 seconds yet. When I grabbed that son of a bitch, it burned my thumb SO bad.
Yay for this blog entry! -- Viperbux is great!
*V*
I will mention, however, since I've had more time to do what "I" want, a few things have started to take place that I like. First -- I have a lot more time for my friends. It's really nice. A lot of my old roommates went off and got married. Most of the time it was friends marrying friends. So, it's sorta nice cause we're still all very close. The problem is that we don't hang out as much as before, naturally cause they have their own lives, etc.
This has always been a hard thing for me to deal with. I really liked the little "clan" that we'd developed, and I didn't like the thought of us not being CLOSE friends anymore.
Well, time has passed, and there are kids now, etc. Amazingly enough, however, we're all still very close. We still go out on trips, camping, or just xbox parties. It's a lot of fun. What I was getting at with all of this though, is that now that I have more free time, I'm able to hang out with all of these friends more.
My Dad is mad at me. Ugh... I hate that. He wants me to email him all the time with updates on my life, etc. The problem is, (as anyone reading this blog can tell) that my life is really not super thrilling. So, since there's really nothing to tell him about, I don't. Well this has pissed him off and he thinks that hate him or something. Just RECEIVING an email like that irritates me. I'm not mad at all... I just don't have anything to say. I'll send an email when something cool happens. Or I have some kind of question or thought that I think he could explain or help me with. But I don't think its necessary to write him an email and let him know how many pieces of toilet paper I used today.
I burned the shit out of my thumb yesterday. I put a light bulb in a touch lamp, to see if it would work, and when I found that it wouldn't (apparently I need a bulb that has three settings) I immediately began to take the bulb out. It hadn't been on for 10 seconds yet. When I grabbed that son of a bitch, it burned my thumb SO bad.
Yay for this blog entry! -- Viperbux is great!
*V*

1 Comments:
How pleasant to go down my list of blogs and see that one of my favorites has been updated! Viperbux DOES rock! :D
I'm glad to hear you finally have time to catch up with all of your friends. Just hanging out with awesome people you haven't gotten to spend time with in a while is highly underrated and it's good for the soul. You should get to enjoy your semester off. As for your dad needing daily updates on your life... maybe you should just tell him how many pieces of toilet paper you used. (Parents are so weird sometimes with what they'll get upset over.)
P.S. Sorry to hear about your thumb. Burns are the worst. I hope it feels better!
Post a Comment
<< Home