Friday, April 29, 2005

Oooo Your Beard is Itchy!

It appears to me that a lot of men these days are becoming rather submissive to their female counterparts. It's sort of bugging me. I mean, where are your backbones? Or maybe this is why I'm not married.

Now, before everyone flames me... let me explain. I'm totally NOT saying that we shouldn't try to make our woman happy. It is TOTALLY appropriate for a man to do things to make his wife/girlfriend happy. Especially if its something you don't care about. But COME'ON.... are you kidding me?

In the past few days I have just become more and more anti-relationship. It almost seems that once you're past the uncomfortable stage in a relationship, that both parties start to almost make demands. Suddenly, you have to do this, and say that, and look like this. Men do this too... I'm not completely stupid. I'm aware that we ask our women to do things that we like, etc.

If you didn't like the guy the way he was when you met him, then don't waste your time. I find it even more amazing that a lot of guys don't even realize it when it's happening. They say, "Oh, I wanted to do that anyways." This is pure bullshit. If they really did, then they would have without her mentioning it.

I have a coworker that is married. I cringe everytime I come to work and find him on the phone with her. Cause I know, I'm in for listening to her whining over the phone about how he SHOULD do this, and SHOULD do that.

I have friends who's wives sit at home ALL DAY with the kids, (Which, yes... is a difficult job... I'm not saying it isn't) while their husband is out working for 10 hours. But he gets in trouble for coming home, and plopping down on the couch exhausted. She wants him to empty the trash, run to the store, change this diaper. Then she's on him cause she wants him to go shave cause his face is itchy, and he's not allow to play Xbox except for twice a week or something. My hell... give the guy a break. This irritates me even more when its something she could TOTALLY do. It appears that she purposely waits until he's comfortable, on the couch watching the news, playing xbox, or talking on the phone... and then she'll be standing a foot from the trash and ask him to come over an empty it. Why can't SHE do it?

So, he wants to play xbox, and his face is itchy. Is she really going to whine about that? I mean, he DOESN'T drink, DOESN'T smoke, DOESN'T cheat on her, and IS a good father and husband. BUT, he didn't empty the trash, or change the diaper in five minutes of getting home, after being screamed at by ornery customers, etc.

Would a man every complain if his wife had bad breath? HELL NO.... You would never hear the end of it. So, is it really necessary to shave, just so she isn't uncomfortable when she kisses him?

I'm sure this sounds retarded... but it's just really starting to bug me. Be grateful for what you have, and show your loved one that you ARE grateful, by not being a nag. Men, grow some damned testicles... don't jump at every command... remember, no ONE person is in control... this is a team effort.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could not agree with you more. I cannot stand guys and girls who let their significant others run their lives. The whole business about being out and about and needing to constantly be on the phone with a gf/bf is utter bullshit to me- no one wants to leave the house to get away from the nagging only to be called and nagged at more (and you can only imagine the bitch session that follows choosing to not answer the call at all). All my life I have been amazed with the way my friends and peers manipulate their partners. Everyone does it to a degree, but I applaud the people I DO know who get told to do something and just say no. It seems so simple, but most people aren't ballsy enough to not cave in. If I were to see the trash was full and my bf was relaxing after a long day I'd do the unthinkable: get off my ass and take it out myself. *GASP*

Friday, April 29, 2005 2:14:00 PM  
Blogger viperbux said...

Please tell me that there are more woman out there like you... If you're out there, and are reading this... Let me know, so I can track you down, and stalk you. Imagine... a woman that wouldn't nag me. Whew!

Sunday, May 01, 2005 12:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahahah Wow. What an interesting blog.. I do believe you and I could have a very LONG argument about a few of the things you said. First off, yes the husband has been off at work all day dealing with angry customers.. but while he is away the wife is at home, watching a screaming baby, or babysitting 2 or 3 kids at a time, while cleaning, running errands, cooking, and trying to keep herself looking nice for her husband with the itchy beard. Maybe if he shaved every morning before he left for work then that argument could have been saved. Also it is true that the husband does need some quiet space, but if you think about it, you both have had a long day of hearing whining and screaming (just in different forms..) So next time you get so irritated because you're buddies wife is nagging.. think about what she goes through during the day that he doesn't realize or is grateful for. :)

Friday, December 28, 2007 4:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home