Well, that's a bit odd....!
Since I work the shift that I do, I'm not able to take advantage of the few perks that we get around here. Specifically, the really nice cafeteria that is open during normal business hours. EXCEPT, for Monday. Monday is the day that I look forward to.
Yes... Yes, I know that this sounds a bit odd, but considering I cram 40 hours in at my job from Friday to Monday, Monday is essentially my Friday. (Wow, that was a confusing sentence) In addition to it being the last day of my work week... it's also the day that I not only get to work with other people, but I'm actually working when the cafeteria is open.
So, after the early morning rush is done with... A couple of my co-workers and I, decide to swing by and grab something to eat. It was GREAT... I had an omelet, and toast, and bacon.
Approximately, 2 hours later, I was throwing up worse then I ever had before in my entire life. Oh, but it wasn't just one session... Nooooo, I barfed all day Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Yes... today is the first day that I haven't blown chunks. I swear I've lost 20lbs, my tongue is numb, my right eye is going blind, and I have nose & ear bleeds. Did I mention that I got a canker sore the size of a half dollar in my mouth? I would rather die then EVER throw up that much again. It was horrendous.
Well, to make matters worse, I'm driving home today... making a left hand turn into the bat-cave entrance. (This is a secret entrance to my house... That helps avoid traffic, etc.) when I noticed... as I neared my turn... that my brake was rather 'difficult' to push. I thought, "Well, that's a bit odd...." Then I looked down and noticed that my car was not on.... Yes, you heard me, the car was OFF.
What does that mean, class? No power steering, no power brakes, etc. It's amazing what that little battery helps one do, while driving. I mean you just really don't realize it, until you don't have it.
So, yah, I nearly run into the oncoming car, making a left, but managed to get my beast to a halt. Then I got out to push the stupid thing back out of the intersection cause I knew the light was going to change. Which lead me to another shocking realization.
I drive a medium sized SUV. It's really quite 'nimble' when the engine is pushing it around. But, I'm pretty sure the curb weight of that thing is over 3,000lbs. It really must have been amusing to the bastards behind me to watch me try to push this thing around. I could BARELY move it. It was SOOOO DAMNED HEAVY.
Anyway.... It's a decent truck, and it's been EXTREMELY reliable. I've NEVER had anything like this happen before. So, after I got it pushed as close to my home as possible, I recruited some roommates to help me push it the rest of the way. So, there she sits, in my driveway. Doesn't make a peep when you try to start it, no clicking... no nothing. It seems to me that it's likely that the alternator just went out. I'm REALLY hoping that's the case...at least it would be a quick fix... but I was WAY too tired, (from all my vomiting, work, and sleep deprivation) to even begin dealing with it. So, I went inside and was done for the day.
Wow, what a day. I'm tired thinking about it. *V*
Yes... Yes, I know that this sounds a bit odd, but considering I cram 40 hours in at my job from Friday to Monday, Monday is essentially my Friday. (Wow, that was a confusing sentence) In addition to it being the last day of my work week... it's also the day that I not only get to work with other people, but I'm actually working when the cafeteria is open.
So, after the early morning rush is done with... A couple of my co-workers and I, decide to swing by and grab something to eat. It was GREAT... I had an omelet, and toast, and bacon.
Approximately, 2 hours later, I was throwing up worse then I ever had before in my entire life. Oh, but it wasn't just one session... Nooooo, I barfed all day Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Yes... today is the first day that I haven't blown chunks. I swear I've lost 20lbs, my tongue is numb, my right eye is going blind, and I have nose & ear bleeds. Did I mention that I got a canker sore the size of a half dollar in my mouth? I would rather die then EVER throw up that much again. It was horrendous.
Well, to make matters worse, I'm driving home today... making a left hand turn into the bat-cave entrance. (This is a secret entrance to my house... That helps avoid traffic, etc.) when I noticed... as I neared my turn... that my brake was rather 'difficult' to push. I thought, "Well, that's a bit odd...." Then I looked down and noticed that my car was not on.... Yes, you heard me, the car was OFF.
What does that mean, class? No power steering, no power brakes, etc. It's amazing what that little battery helps one do, while driving. I mean you just really don't realize it, until you don't have it.
So, yah, I nearly run into the oncoming car, making a left, but managed to get my beast to a halt. Then I got out to push the stupid thing back out of the intersection cause I knew the light was going to change. Which lead me to another shocking realization.
I drive a medium sized SUV. It's really quite 'nimble' when the engine is pushing it around. But, I'm pretty sure the curb weight of that thing is over 3,000lbs. It really must have been amusing to the bastards behind me to watch me try to push this thing around. I could BARELY move it. It was SOOOO DAMNED HEAVY.
Anyway.... It's a decent truck, and it's been EXTREMELY reliable. I've NEVER had anything like this happen before. So, after I got it pushed as close to my home as possible, I recruited some roommates to help me push it the rest of the way. So, there she sits, in my driveway. Doesn't make a peep when you try to start it, no clicking... no nothing. It seems to me that it's likely that the alternator just went out. I'm REALLY hoping that's the case...at least it would be a quick fix... but I was WAY too tired, (from all my vomiting, work, and sleep deprivation) to even begin dealing with it. So, I went inside and was done for the day.
Wow, what a day. I'm tired thinking about it. *V*

1 Comments:
Gosh dude.. Thats some serious puke action! In fact thats the wrost thing I've ever heard! I wouldnt wish that on anyone!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home