Sunday, April 10, 2005

Ass-Face & My Tactless Message

I don't think that me calling this chick to get some more information about her and her 'so called insurance' is totally out of line. In fact, it seems to me to be a good idea.

So, I called her and naturally she doesn't answer. So, I leave a SUPER NICE message. I simply told her that I was the guy she had 'bumped' into the other night, and that if she could give me a call so we could discuss what she wanted to do, I would appreciate it.

Nice, right? I mean, I could have said, "SLAMMED" instead of "bumped." After all, she hit me so hard, the my FRONT bumper (in addition to the rear bumper) is all weirded out now. You have to REAR-end someone pretty hard to tweak their FRONT bumper.

So 10 hours later, I call again, this time a little more frustrated. I was still very nice, but let her know that I would like a call from her. I mentioned that it would make me feel a lot more comfortable know a little more about her.

Ok, so she STILL didn't call. Starting to get a little panicky... So I called again, and no answer. In attempts to protect her from the thoughts that I had towards her lack of consideration, I didn't leave a message.

FINALLY, after work yesterday, I was fed up. Who doesn't call the person THEY ran into for two days after that accident. Amazingly enough, my message was totally diplomatic, yet firm. I said, that I was starting to feel like she was going to screw me over, and that if I hadn't heard from her by 7PM yesterday, that I was going to call the police, and report her.

I said, "I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just want my truck fixed... and as far as I can tell, from my perspective, you're trying to avoid the situation." I finished with, "You ran into my truck, so you should pay for it."

Well, I went to sleep at noon. (Graveyard-Shift Bedtime) When I woke up, lo and behold... I had FINALLY received a message. Was it from her? Oooh... noooo... it was from Ass-Face, her husband.

He had the audacity to say that my phone call was "inappropriate." WHAT!? Not calling me for two days is inappropriate, you stupid fool. He proceeded to tell me that they had been busy and couldn't call me. Interesting -- A 2 minute call telling me that they would contact me on *Insert Day*, would be IMPOSSIBLE to make out of all the HOURS in a day.

Needless to say, the whole "I'm telling the police on you" comment apparently sparked their interest in cooperating with me. He wants me to price the damages and "get back with them." You bet your ass I will, buddy... spared no expense.

People are dicks. *V*

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay- seriously- you were WELL within your rights as a PERSON living in the WORLD to call this woman and encourage her to get back with you ASAP. I'm sorry but if you are at fault in an accident, the person you hit doesn't work on YOUR schedule, you work on theirs. If you're an asshole who cannot drive, you have to do whatever the person you smashed into wants. That's just the way it works. This woman and her husband are idiots.

Sunday, April 10, 2005 7:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home