...I'm not sure what happened...
...after finishing my 'gotta get ready for work' ritual, I headed out to my truck to make the journey. As I drove down the road, towards the freeway I began to slip into the 'zone.'
Oh, you know what I'm talking about. How many of you are going to tell me, that you've never gotten to work in the morning (especially a job you've been driving to for years) and realized that you have no recollection at all on how you got there. Its like the entire car ride TO work was wiped completely from your mind. That is the 'zone.'
Anyways... came to a red light... and proceeded to switch my CD. Then "BAM!" Yes, you guessed it. My CD didn't make it into the player. Some idiot rear-ended me. Did I mention that this is the second time in a year?
So, I get out of my car, and do the typical, "Are you ok?" thing, and naturally check my truck out. Steal Truck Bumper vs. Plastic Wussy Bumper -- yes the outcome was as expected. My bumper was shifted down and slightly bent. Her radiator was sitting in the back seat.
So, I ask her, "What were you doing?" Which is to say, "How the hell do you run into someone that is sitting at a red light... and has been for a minute or so?"
Her response was sort of shocking, "...I'm, um... I'm not sure what happened..."
Well, I figured I'd help her out, and explained, "How about I explain it to you, You ran into the back of my truck, at a red light."
Well, I was late, and didn't really feel like this was something that I wanted to stand in the road and discuss, so we traded minimal information and 'wham-bam thank you ma'am, I was gone.' (Mistake #1)
Call me crazy... but when you run into someone's vehicle, you'd think that it would be appropriate to call them, with more specific information, and details on how you would like to handle it. Well, this assumption was mistake #2. So, it's been over 24 hours later, and I haven't heard from the chick. I'm starting to think that I'm screwed.
No matter... I'm gunna give them till tomorrow -- if I still haven't heard from them, I'm gunna call the police. I'm guarantee there's a camera in that intersection. I have her name and number too, so I'm sure that we can track her lying butt down.
I can't be too harsh... this is partially my fault for not demanding more information from her. She claimed that she didn't have any insurance information (but swore she had insurance) and I just didn't even think about getting her license number, etc. *V*
Oh, you know what I'm talking about. How many of you are going to tell me, that you've never gotten to work in the morning (especially a job you've been driving to for years) and realized that you have no recollection at all on how you got there. Its like the entire car ride TO work was wiped completely from your mind. That is the 'zone.'
Anyways... came to a red light... and proceeded to switch my CD. Then "BAM!" Yes, you guessed it. My CD didn't make it into the player. Some idiot rear-ended me. Did I mention that this is the second time in a year?
So, I get out of my car, and do the typical, "Are you ok?" thing, and naturally check my truck out. Steal Truck Bumper vs. Plastic Wussy Bumper -- yes the outcome was as expected. My bumper was shifted down and slightly bent. Her radiator was sitting in the back seat.
So, I ask her, "What were you doing?" Which is to say, "How the hell do you run into someone that is sitting at a red light... and has been for a minute or so?"
Her response was sort of shocking, "...I'm, um... I'm not sure what happened..."
Well, I figured I'd help her out, and explained, "How about I explain it to you, You ran into the back of my truck, at a red light."
Well, I was late, and didn't really feel like this was something that I wanted to stand in the road and discuss, so we traded minimal information and 'wham-bam thank you ma'am, I was gone.' (Mistake #1)
Call me crazy... but when you run into someone's vehicle, you'd think that it would be appropriate to call them, with more specific information, and details on how you would like to handle it. Well, this assumption was mistake #2. So, it's been over 24 hours later, and I haven't heard from the chick. I'm starting to think that I'm screwed.
No matter... I'm gunna give them till tomorrow -- if I still haven't heard from them, I'm gunna call the police. I'm guarantee there's a camera in that intersection. I have her name and number too, so I'm sure that we can track her lying butt down.
I can't be too harsh... this is partially my fault for not demanding more information from her. She claimed that she didn't have any insurance information (but swore she had insurance) and I just didn't even think about getting her license number, etc. *V*

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home